Video Playback Problem...

edited February 2005 in Hardware
OK... Now I know everyone here hates WMP, but bear with me. I have a P3 1Ghz 256MB RAM Machine with an integrated Intel 82810E Graphics Controller. When I try to play a movie, all I see is the Visualations and I hear the sound... I've gone to WMP10 and installed all the codecs I could find... I want to stay with WMP, so Is it my Graphics that is screwing all this up? Thanks,

Nick

Comments

• what kind of movie is it? theres some dumbasses who change the extenision on mpg files on p2p programs so they are songs but open as movioes
  • No, it's anything... On websites that have the Movie integrated into the website, and any other type of video... Not RealPlayer Video Though... I installed WinAmp and Im gunna test it out...
  • If its an AVI its normal to have sound only because you might not have the codecs installed!

Are YOU SURE you installed every codec you could think of?
  • NTL1991 wrote:
    No, it's anything... On websites that have the Movie integrated into the website, and any other type of video... Not RealPlayer Video Though... I installed WinAmp and Im gunna test it out...

Normally, website use a standard codec.
  • What site is this anyway?

-Q
  • websites
  • I can't tell what kind they are... :cool:
  • Ohhh just my favorite kind.

If they're the kind you download, most, if not all are either MPEG or WMV which both play under WMP and WinAMP.
  • Problem is, it seems harder to find sites offering MPEGs. :|
  • What's wrong with WMV?
  • I have my reasons...privacy included...
  • It's it's made to be played on one player (WMP), just like, O say QuickTrash and RealCrapPlayer.

-Q
  • Which is why I like MPEG. Most media players play it.
  • AVIs aren't that bad (As far as I can tell).

-Q
  • LMAO Noobs.

WMV can be played on Winamp. :P
  • Which is why I don't like Winamp. I'd rather not have my pr0n show up in its recently played list.
  • It's still no standard. And regardless of what you may thing about it, that's important.

-Q