Who the fuck has it set to email them about replies to posts

edited April 2005 in News & Announcements
Holy shit, everyone go to their profile and disable that. We keep getting SMTP errors because Verizon's SMTP is starting to not like the fact that I'm sending like 100 emails a day from phpBB.

Comments

• *shrug* Don't blame me, I've never had it on.
  • No-one did. :)
  • Fish, why don't u use a different SMTP server?
  • Like your own?
  • Cause several ISPs were blocking me.... I just need to figure out why this keeps telling me its an invalid user, since I know its not... I'll mess with it later, I'm pretty tired right now.
  • He's to lazy to set one up?
  • jcmoor wrote:
    He's to lazy to set one up?
    This is coming from Mr. DNS?
  • "Mr. DNS" LOL

Can't you just disable the email function or something
  • jcmoor wrote:
    He's to lazy to set one up?

Alot of ISPs, especially more recently, do NOT take to homegrown SMTP svrs. I used mine for a while untill every 2nd Email I sent got bounced because I was on MAPS DUL (Thanx alot Crapcast!).

-Q

PS. This belongs in N&A
  • I run a mail server quite happily, and I wouldn't mind if you guys used that, my ISP doesn't care.
  • You're not on Comcrust, so that's not too surprising.

-Q
  • I'm going to call Verizon about it, technically it should just appear that I send alot of email, BUT I'm beginning to wonder if their server noticed its the same thing over and over and started blocking it as spam, therefore causes an error.
  • Holy shit, everyone go to their profile and disable that. We keep getting SMTP errors because Verizon's SMTP is starting to not like the fact that I'm sending like 100 emails a day from phpBB.
    Why don't you just manually disable it. Oh, BTW the DNS is working perfectly.
  • really, cuz the site is down
  • Then why's it still in your profile?

-Q
  • Because I forgot to update it.
  • Ahh, that's better. Now ICBM just has to change his sig and that'll be over with.

-Q
  • BOD wrote:

i think you can...... i read somthign about it recently......
  • BlueSun wrote:
    BOD wrote:

i think you can...... i read somthign about it recently......
    It is in the configuration settings for phpBB.
  • you tell it to not use a SMTP server.....

but i meant i read somthign about just taking out the bit of code that deals with it.... i can't remember it now.... O_O
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Right now its fixed... I had forgot the @verizon.net in the login LOL.
  • Q wrote:
    Ahh, that's better. Now ICBM just has to change his sig and that'll be over with.

-Q
    Not entirely, the site itself still blows
  • Mr. C wrote:
    Q wrote:
    Ahh, that's better. Now ICBM just has to change his sig and that'll be over with.

-Q
    Not entirely, the site itself still blows
    Your opinion on the site content has nothing to do with the DNS.
  • Holy shit, everyone go to their profile and disable that.

That goes for you to "JulesOS".

-Q
  • Wha? I dunno how to turn the thing off, it won't go off! I keep getting the emails regardless!

Will an admin PLEASE turn it off!
  • Go to your profile and scroll down to the preferences section, it's after "notify of private message" and before "attatch signature"
  • It didnt work for some reason, either that, or Zenithus' mail server is sllllooooow.

Note: I'd highly prefer it if people didn't edit my posts!
  • OK it SHOULD be disabled. I hope that stops the WinWorld addr getting SPAMmed with bounced notifications.

-Q

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file