Boot Screens

13»

Comments

• Well, if I use JuleOS Dynamite, my other PC goes off in a seconds, boots up in 5 seconds and reboots in less than a second. Beat that.
  • if i press the button on my case my PC turns off instantly
  • haha, thts a bit dodgy, with mine if i press the power button on the case it says "Windows is shutting down" or goes straight off in JuleOS Dynamite...
  • There's a setting in the BIOS somewhere
  • Yup, if i keep the power button pressed down for 5 seconds it goes off straight away.
  • thats typical... although i think the time to wait can be changed in most BIOS's...

for the p4... XP loads prettty quickly.... reboots failry quickly..... i remember after the new install, i rebooted got up... went to the kitchen for somthing to drink (the kitchen is next to the P4) then when i got back it was done...... i mean the kitchen is less thena foot away from the p4.... as far as time goes..... i'll have to time it... but it takes only 5 - 10 seconds for my desktop to finsih loading
  • Well I think my desktop is taking the piss now ... I had set it up on a domain controller and it took ages to load my crap off the network, so I removed the domain controller and I can't be arsed to remove Windows' Ctrl + Alt + Delete screen thingie and replace it with the welcome screen, so I have to get up, press Ctrl + Alt + Del, hit ENTER (*wait 5-10 minutes*) and then its done. With the welcome screen the desktop was up in seconds...
  • My P3 workstation is on the CTRL+ALT+DEL screen, and it starts up really fast. Even when you remove the domain controller status from server OSs, they still start really slow.
  • Yeh, but my 'Windows Profile' was full of VMware OS' and large coursework (I like having high quality images ;))
  • That shouldn't make any difference. My PC is stuffed full of shit, including Virtual PC, yet it runs like a dream.
  • I've just realised too- my documents aren't stored in my Windows Profile- I've set them on to the D: drive (so if Windows typically fucks up, I haven't lost anything, although quite a lot of important things are on my desktop ... OS, EM Messenger Server + Client, ... )
  • Vmware runs a service and when I uninstalled it I noticed a huge dfifference in speed