SHIT NO!!!!

edited April 2005 in Hardware
Don't ever get a western digital harddrive, i got a 40gb one that lasted less than 6 months before it died horribliy, my money, eff'n wasted on a piece of shit, the worst part being that a few weeks after i bought the 40 gb i bought an 80gb, im just waiting for this one (im on) to crash and burn too

fish has also had bad luck with western digital

Comments

• must be newer ones. I got like 3 WD 1.5GB's in one PC and those are great.
  • My 40 fucked up, I send it back to em, they send t back saying its stolen...
  • SPREAD THE WORD.... Don't Fruck with westen digital

ps. this was edited because i miss spelled western digital :oops:
  • I have 3 western digital drives, 1 270mb, 1 gig, and a 1.2 gig drive. All of those are broken, the heads are stuck, so they dont want to start. I got pissed when the last WD 1.2gig died, so i took the drive, threw it out of a windows, left it in the rain outside for an hour, then i took an axe and smashed the drive to pieces. I have a pic on my cell phone, I will upload it when I have a bluetooth dongle.
  • My 300GB is a Maxtor, as are all of my 20s, no WDs here (Except for the one out of the crapaq)

-Q
  • I perfer WD over any other, I've had more bad luck with Maxtor and Seagate then you can shack a stick at.

I hate Seagate!!!!
  • I've got 2 western digital drives, a 30gb and an 80gb "special edition", the 30gb clicks randomly (it's done it since i got it) and the 80gb has given me no problems at all... i like WD, i've not had problems with them...
  • Numbers21 wrote:
    I've got 2 western digital drives, a 30gb and an 80gb "special edition" the 80gb has given me no problems at all... i like WD, i've not had problems with them...

i have an 80gb wd hdd and its been working forever (since i got it), i got millions of wd caviars anywhere from 1 gb to 5 gb and they all work good too!
  • i had an old amd k6 (2?) 133mhz taht had 2 caviar's in it... one died, and we tore it apart... the other didn't die... but i tore it apart for the hell of it... it'd probably still be with me if i hadn't, lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've got three old Western digital drives (two 700MB, 1 200MB) and they all still work fine... (one of the 700MB's is the drive in my server) I also have two Seagate drives (one 4.3GB, one 20GB), and they work fine as well... I also know others who love Seagate drives...
  • i love seagate drives, right now i've only got one, all my others are fairly old... but the one i have runs great, 120GB SATA... quiet and fast
  • Wow, I thought I just had back luck! I bought a new Western Digital WD-800 80gb hard disk a few months ago, partitoned it (it was going to be my second HDD for linux). Thnen one morning it decided 'screw you' and wiped any traces of any of the partitions (this was about a month after I got it). I did partition magic on it, and it just had the whole HDD filled with one parition called 'BAD'

Good thing I keep backups
    ::x
  • Jeez...sounds like WD sucks...
    /me goes to check his hard drives
    Well I have a messed up Maxtor, the bootsector is dead according to NT based systems. My other maxtors and wd's are all in full working order...
  • Jeez...sounds like WD sucks...
    /me goes to check his hard drives
    Well I have a messed up Maxtor, the bootsector is dead according to NT based systems. My other maxtors and wd's are all in full working order...
  • good thing I didnt get that WD HD, got the Maxtor instead. *phew*
  • I have two WD HDDs. One internal 120gb and one external 250gb. Both work great. The internal one is 2 years old but I've never had any problems with it. And yeah, my computer is on for like 12 hours a day, 365 days a year ;)
  • Nice, a year and a week after the last reply..
  • Oh well... that's what happens in the real world, no big deal.