Microsoft Office 97/98

edited March 2018 in Product Comments

imageMicrosoft Office 97/98

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Works perfectly! Very nice. Thanks to winworldpc.

• I got a question: why did you not go kill that damn paperclip?

• Professional has Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and Bookshelf(?) -
    Standard EXCLUDES Access and Bokkshelf -
    Dev edition has everything Professional plus some SDK stuff -
    idk about Small Business

• @ChesterCarlNiro_pi_pew said:
    I got a question: why did you not go kill that damn paperclip?

Hey! I love clippy.

• edited January 13

There is some form of an easter egg on the Office 97 professional CD-ROM. In the sounds (/clipart/mmedia) folder, you will find the startup and shutdown sounds of a later iteration of the OS that Windows NT developed out of.

They are titled glide.wav and melorise.wav.

• @win32 said:
    There is some form of an easter egg on the Office 97 professional CD-ROM. In the sounds (/clipart/mmedia) folder, you will find the startup and shutdown sounds of a later iteration of the OS that Windows NT developed out of.

They are titled glide.wav and melorise.wav.

melorise.wav is the OS/2 Warp 4 startup sound, while glide.wav is the OS/2 3.0 shutdown sound.

• Lol i problely going to install it on my XP PC

• It has an excellent built in spell checker and grammar checker. Give it a try.

• @SomeGuy said:
    It has an excellent built in spell checker and grammar checker. Give it a try.

All office suites have good built-in spell/grammar checkers, so that's easy to believe.

• i dare you
    watch it all

• Hi All, I have the updated more rarer small business edition of Office 97. The one with about 4 CD's (Disc 1 is the same as before but Disc 2 has publisher 98, and the other two discs are reference discs) - I'll try and upload them for you