Warning: Do NOT download any files using IDM

edited January 2 in Site Issues

Do NOT do it, because your downloads will be eaten up very fast.
This also applies to any other download managers that make multiple connections, but I ran out of characters in the title.
Exception should be like this: *winworldpc.com (works for IDM, not sure for others)

Comments

• Don't use downloader programs anyway. They are slow, and do not work half the time.

• @robobox said:
    Don't use downloader programs anyway. They are slow, and do not work half the time.

And that they're injected with malware also.

• What is IDM? A guick google search brings this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Download_Manager

Is this what you are talking about?

• @sdose said:
    Is this what you are talking about?

Yes, it's a download manager. AS many download managers do, it will use multiple connections at one in WW, and because it uses multiple connections, WW thinks you are using many downloads

• Coming from my point of view, I would never recommend download managers/assistants to anyone who wants to download stuff the safe way, because they do seem a little too dangerous according to what I've seen so far in this topic, and the Wikipedia article on Internet Download Manager (IDM). I just download things the easy way in my browser, like a lot of people prefer doing.

• I feel like there's not as much of a market for download managers these days now that internet connections have gotten so much faster.