Warning: Do NOT download any files using IDM

edited January 2019 in Site Issues

Do NOT do it, because your downloads will be eaten up very fast.
This also applies to any other download managers that make multiple connections, but I ran out of characters in the title.
Exception should be like this: *winworldpc.com (works for IDM, not sure for others)

Comments

• Don't use downloader programs anyway. They are slow, and do not work half the time.

• @robobox said:
    Don't use downloader programs anyway. They are slow, and do not work half the time.

And that they're injected with malware also.

• What is IDM? A guick google search brings this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Download_Manager

Is this what you are talking about?

• @sdose said:
    Is this what you are talking about?

Yes, it's a download manager. AS many download managers do, it will use multiple connections at one in WW, and because it uses multiple connections, WW thinks you are using many downloads

• Coming from my point of view, I would never recommend download managers/assistants to anyone who wants to download stuff the safe way, because they do seem a little too dangerous according to what I've seen so far in this topic, and the Wikipedia article on Internet Download Manager (IDM). I just download things the easy way in my browser, like a lot of people prefer doing.

• I feel like there's not as much of a market for download managers these days now that internet connections have gotten so much faster.