Mac OS X Server 1.0

edited February 24 in Product Comments

imageMac OS X Server 1.0

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Server 1.0, Server 1.1 and Server 1.2.Pele1Q10 will not run in QEMU (PPC).

Server 1.2v3 will run in QEMU (PPC), very slowly with a glitchy mouse.

• @jonirob said:
    Server 1.0, Server 1.1 and Server 1.2.Pele1Q10 will not run in QEMU (PPC).

I know this,but I cannot go past the 2nd reboot.(After installing the base system)

• @Missileboi said:

@jonirob said:

I know this,but I cannot go past the 2nd reboot.(After installing the base system)

These steps work for me in Windows 10:

qemu-system-ppc -L pc-bios -m 256 -hda ./OSXServer1.2v3.img -cdrom ./OSXServer1.2v3.iso -boot d -prom-env "auto-boot?=true" -M mac99

qemu-system-ppc -L pc-bios -m 256 -hda ./OSXServer1.2v3.img -cdrom ./OSXServer1.2v3.iso -boot d -prom-env "auto-boot?=false" -M g3beige -cpu g3 -prom-env "boot-args=-v"

In open bios type:

boot cd:9,\:tbxi

(Two back slashes, not one)

qemu-system-ppc -L pc-bios -m 256 -hda ./OSXServer1.2v3.img -cdrom ./OSXServer1.2v3.iso -boot c -prom-env "auto-boot?=true" -M g3beige -cpu g3 -prom-env "boot-args=-v"

qemu-system-ppc -L pc-bios -boot c -M g3beige -cpu G3 -m 256 -prom-env "boot-args=-v" -prom-env "auto-boot?=true" -net none -hda OSXServer1.2v3.img -sdl

• @jonirob said:

@Missileboi said:

@jonirob said:

qemu-system-ppc -L pc-bios -m 256 -hda ./OSXServer1.2v3.img -cdrom ./OSXServer1.2v3.iso -boot d -prom-env "auto-boot?=true" -M mac99

qemu-system-ppc -L pc-bios -m 256 -hda ./OSXServer1.2v3.img -cdrom ./OSXServer1.2v3.iso -boot d -prom-env "auto-boot?=false" -M g3beige -cpu g3 -prom-env "boot-args=-v"

In open bios type:

qemu-system-ppc -L pc-bios -m 256 -hda ./OSXServer1.2v3.img -cdrom ./OSXServer1.2v3.iso -boot c -prom-env "auto-boot?=true" -M g3beige -cpu g3 -prom-env "boot-args=-v"

qemu-system-ppc -L pc-bios -boot c -M g3beige -cpu G3 -m 256 -prom-env "boot-args=-v" -prom-env "auto-boot?=true" -net none -hda OSXServer1.2v3.img -sdl

Thank you! It worked for me!

• @Missileboi said:

@jonirob said:

@Missileboi said:

@jonirob said:

In open bios type:

Thank you! It worked for me!

You're welcome.

• Mac OS 8.6 running in Bluebox, in Server 1.2v3, in Qemu.

• If anyone can't find the CD,search in Google "Mac OS X Server 1.2v3 iso" and go to the first page you see after the search.(You need to create an account to download the .toast file)

• @jonirob said:

Reasons:
    Server 1.0,1.1 and 1.2.Pele1Q10 have a Mac OS 8.6 interface that QEMU doesn't support.
    Server 1.2v3 does run on QEMU because it uses a Mac OS 9 interface that QEMU does support.

• @Missileboi said:

@jonirob said:

Reasons:
    Server 1.0,1.1 and 1.2.Pele1Q10 have a Mac OS 8.6 interface that QEMU doesn't support.
    Server 1.2v3 does run on QEMU because it uses a Mac OS 9 interface that QEMU does support.

User interface is the last thing an emulator would be concerned with.

• @AlphaBeta said:

@Missileboi said:

@jonirob said:

Reasons:

User interface is the last thing an emulator would be concerned with.

I agree. 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.Pele1Q10 will not run because QEMU doesn't emulate the required hardware. I tested it by myself.