Requesting Procomm

I see you have Procomm Plus here, but I'm interested in the original Procomm as well. I can't find the original Procomm at all here. Also, if there are any Procomm or Procomm Plus customers out there who have the registration file, please post that here (one for each, Procomm and Procomm Plus). It's the only way to make the registration message go away when starting the program, that annoying message that asks you to buy it.

Comments

• I have a serial for ProComm Plus 2.01 if that helps at all:

PP 20429729

You might also want to grab these patches:

d2up0001.exe - Patch to resolve crashes on 200+ MHz machines
    d2up0002.exe - Apply this patch if you have more than 2 gigs of free space on hard drive

via http://www.aspectscripting.com/support.shtml

• What is the filename of the registration file? I have a registered install of ProComm Plus 2.01 on my 386.

• I managed to dig up the original 1985 shareware Procomm and added it to the Procomm Plus entry for now: https://winworldpc.com/product/procomm-plus

We don't normally add shareware, but this is one of the more historically important ones.

• edited February 2020

@SomeGuy said:
    I managed to dig up the original 1985 shareware Procomm and added it to the Procomm Plus entry for now: https://winworldpc.com/product/procomm-plus

We don't normally add shareware, but this is one of the more historically important ones.

Actually both Procomm and Procomm Plus were shareware. Procomm Plus isn't a non-free version of Procomm, but rather is an improved version that simply has more features than Procomm. Both are shareware. Both can operated in free mode (which has a nag screen when it starts). And both can be registered. When either is unregistered, it states it's not registered in the opening screen, and tells you that you should buy it and, if I remember correctly, even how to buy it (complete with phone number to call to order it). Both of these when registered state they are registered on the opening screen, and (if I remember correctly) the name of the person it is registered to, and no longer ask you to register.

• @Videogamer555 said:
    Actually both Procomm and Procomm Plus were shareware. Procomm Plus isn't a non-free version of Procomm, but rather is an improved version that simply has more features than Procomm. Both are shareware. Both can operated in free mode (which has a nag screen when it starts). And both can be registered. When either is unregistered, it states it's not registered in the opening screen, and tells you that you should buy it and, if I remember correctly, even how to buy it (complete with phone number to call to order it). Both of these when registered state they are registered on the opening screen, and (if I remember correctly) the name of the person it is registered to, and no longer ask you to register.

I just found my original copy of Procomm Plus at the office, still in the box with the reg card, sat next to a copy of QModemPro. IIRC the protocol support was a bit limited and you needed to use an external Zmodem program.

Happy BBSing days!