Command.com logo

2»

Comments

• Right. Sorry my big error (fail)
    Perhaps when I have copied command.com and changed his version I've also copied io.sys and msdos.sys but I don't remember this :(
    where are this tools to change it? :? :? :?
  • From what I can remember that theres two SYS files that have the logos. One for Startup and one for Shutdown. I know logo.sys is for the startup logo. For the shutdown its logow.sys. In windows 3.x theres a file in the Windows System directory. The io.sys is just the Input / Output command file. That's the little file that has the DOS commands and error lists.

http://www.cpucare.com/FAQS/winlogos.htm
  • But if you delete the logo*.sys files Windows still shows the logoz, I remember running across some utility that edited them in IO.SYS.

-Q
  • theres two shutdown logos logos.sys and logow.sys.
  • The files for windows 3.x is called vgalogo.rle....you can easily changed that in Jasc Paint Shop Pro 3.0 and maybe Paint.
  • Nobody who have an idea to modify io.sys ? (wrong)
    Any utils ??
  • Use a hex editor I think
  • You can modify the IO.SYS with a hex editor.
  • Ok, I know that I can use hex editor in fact I usually use ultraedit but where is the logo ? How long is ???
  • Thanks but don't resolve the probleme.
    I want to change original logo stored and non add a new logo using logo.sys.
    My is a curiosity I want know this lol
  • The default logo is stored in io.sys. logo.sys overides the default logo... you maybe be able to get an editor to change the logo stored in io.sys but i don't know of any. anyways other then curiosity for doing it why do you want to?
  • only curiosity :)
    I always try to make things strange in order to learn more. That's all ;)
  • I hate to say it but your best bet it probably Google or just scrweing around in a hex editor.

-Q
  • Ok :)
    Is much time that I try to understand this thing and google or other search engine don't help me. For this reason I go to various forums but noboby have solution.
    No problem, sooner or later I will find the solution hoping that win98 will not disappear definitively exceeded by other systems :(

Thanks to all lol
  • 98'll always be around, that's part of what we attempt to do.

-Q
  • pentium2 wrote:
    only curiosity :)
    I always try to make things strange in order to learn more. That's all ;)

is there a better way to learn?
  • Curiosity stimulates the mind (dance)
    I have learned very much in this way ;)
    And I can guarantee you that i'm much self-sufficient person :)
    Test, mistakes and learns (woot)
  • Yep...thats the way to learn, by trial and error....thats how I learned about computers and it helped me for future knowledge.
  • thats how i learnt how computers worked... just messing around with the settings, if didnt know what something was i just googled it...
  • Right there is a logo in command.com and win.com as it is for Win3.1. China DOS Union however did change it and they wont give away their secret.

Just if we know how to do that.. that would be nice. Logo.sys as some said it is just to personalized it. The REAL logo is stored in command.com/win.com

Regards
  • Methinks you can use a hex editor to scan for an RLE header to find the logo.
  • That's right, nightice. I always knew that.
    I haven't seen this thread before!