edited September 2004 in Software
Heyaz WW,
Im in a Spotta trouble, i have 3 Hard Drives
2 on my IDE Ribbon 1 and 1 on IDE Ribbon 2 with
my CD-RW, Windows only displays 2 hard drives and my
CD-RW.

Discs.gif

It's weird,
How do i get the other hard drive to display?
James

Comments

• Try this... not sure if It'll work.............. Set the jumpers to SLave on the CD-RW. It isn't really recommended that you put a CD-RW and a HD on the same IDE cable.
  • I Forgot to Tell you about that,
    ive been messin with the jumpers all day,

Win2k HDD, Primary Master
    400mb HDD, Primary Slave
    2gb HDD, Secondary Master
    CD-RW, Secondary Slave.

there are the set jumpers
  • You do not have a driver letter mapped to the third HD. Goto the adminstative tools. Click on computer managment. In computer managment click on Disk Managment. You should see all 3 hd's. Right click on the one without a driver letter, and click change drive letters, or paths. Click add, and set the drive letter you want in Assign to Drive Letter.

This should help.
  • Go to Disk management and just set a drive letter for it...
    Maybe ur 3rd drive doesn't have a partition on it... use PartitionMagic then..
  • are you sure all the drives are ok? are the drives formatted with either FAT32/16 or NTFS?
  • Maby theres just no partition on it or its using a different file system like HPFS. (AFAIK HPFS was taken out from NT 3.5 and above)

If the drives in the hardware section and device manager then the jumpers are all set correctly.
  • Just delete all existiong unknown partitions and create NTFS parts or FAT32...
  • This happened to Winboy. He made a NTFS partition in 2000, it showed up, he copied files. It went away but it still showed up in harware LOL
  • You do not have a driver letter mapped to the third HD. Goto the adminstative tools. Click on computer managment. In computer managment click on Disk Managment. You should see all 3 hd's. Right click on the one without a driver letter, and click change drive letters, or paths. Click add, and set the drive letter you want in Assign to Drive Letter.

This should help.

that's your best bet, if that dont work, try Partition Magic 8.0. I think the jumper settings you had for that screenshot are fine. Don't touch them.
  • HPFS was removed from NT4, or was it 2000? I think it was 4.

Well, according to that screenshot, the hardware is OK but the disk needs to be partitioned/formatted.

-Q
  • Yeah I agree with Q. And want to add that HPFS support was removed from NT 4.0 but you can add it there, even in 2000.