My adventures with XP lite.

2»

Comments

• Then how NT5.0 was made with the help of nLite?
  • paint is one of those programs u ccant live without, like notepad and regedit....
  • For example, how they changed Windows 2000 emblem to NT 5,0 on the screen that appears when Ctrl-Alt-Del is pressed.
  • easy, expand the file, edit it then compress it back into the source folder
  • Slash wrote:
    For example, how they changed Windows 2000 emblem to NT 5,0 on the screen that appears when Ctrl-Alt-Del is pressed.

I think that was taken from the beta version.
  • BOD wrote:
    easy, expand the file, edit it then compress it back into the source folder
    expand WHAT file?
  • NTOSKRNL.EX_
  • I think there you can edit only bootscreen.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NTOSKRLN contains loadsa BMPS for windows
  • Ah, i see.
  • msgina.dll has more, same for explorer.exe
  • shell32.dll contains loads of incons
  • Ya, Paint is good, but I did save 1-5MB w/o it. My little XP runs great under 32MB! A tad bit of lag, but very little, I can run DOS programs, and best of all the IE core is gone!

The IE core is gone? Doesn't windows... need the IE core...
    BOD wrote:
    shell32.dll contains loads of incons

that file is one of the main icon files for windows, of course it's got a lot of icons.
  • Ya, Paint is good, but I did save 1-5MB w/o it. My little XP runs great under 32MB! A tad bit of lag, but very little, I can run DOS programs, and best of all the IE core is gone!

The IE core is gone? Doesn't windows... need the IE core...
    BOD wrote:
    shell32.dll contains loads of incons

that file is one of the main icon files for windows, of course it's got a lot of icons.

I got rid of the IE core, but kept MSHTML.DLL. And I have had NO problems at all, with nearkly 3 hrs of use per day. FOr a few days...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lol.... you got rid of iexplore.exe and a few dlls, the core that they run on is still there.
  • When I've removed IE core, NHL 2004 didn't run cuz its main menu requires it!