Netlimiter

BODBOD
edited October 2004 in Software
latlely my brother has seriously bin raping my connection.

anyone know where to get this and how to set it up?

Comments

• ask Roger. He is the net limiter master.
  • It's uber easy.
    You set it up on the puter.
    You run the net-hogging app.
    You check the upload or download limiting checkmark. You enter in a new value for the limit speed. That's about it. That's what I did, and I'm getting uber speeds on eMule for 1kbps upload LOL
  • Yep that's about it. Make sure you set to about 1/4 of your max bandwidth. Its more 'fair' that way.
  • thanx 128k it is..... lol
  • Mine 1/4 will be 6k LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO
  • Ive just learned to deal with the occaisonal massive download people do in my house, right now my brothers downloading Counter-Strike 1.6... 374MB... I think theres like 20 minutes left.... BUT I dont really notice it unless I download something large... then I only get 90KB/sec :-|
  • You call that ONLY? I think it should be a high speed anyways...
  • To me, 90KB/sec is slow... If my downloads drop below 160KB/sec I start thinking "UGH THIS IS SLOW, SOMETHINGS WRONG!"
  • heh... I've gotten use to getting torrents going 40k if I'm lucky. Seeing anything over 100k from a torrent is shocking.
  • Hehehe Me too! I usually get 58 kb/sec using torrents. A couple of times, I went up to 296 kb/sec!
  • WTF, I get like 200KB/sec on torrents.
  • Heh it depends what you're downloading... ... teh Seeders.
  • fish, I guess your downloading something popular... most of the torrents I download from I'm usually uploading far more then downloading, so I just cut the upload levels.
  • Torrents are even slower on my connection. That's why I avoid using them.
  • Torrents either work great (~20%) don't work (bad Tracker, etc) (~40%) or completely kill my netwk (~40%). If they're good then I'll risk it, or just feel like annoying Comcast.

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.