RNRN
edited November 2004 in Software
http://www.cherryos.com/

hAVE A LOOK YOURSELF.

Comments

• Looks cool, but I dont want to buy.
  • I'm trying to find it...

-Q

PS. I personally think it sounds a bit scam-ish.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Even if it exists it's probably some rip of PearPC or similar. I'm voting "xFeel/TopSpeed" for this one.

-Q
  • "You can expect to get about 80% of your processors power when working in the Apple Environment. For example a 3.2ghz P4 would run as fast as a 800 MHz G4 machine."

hmm, either it is that P4s are really 1GHZ or that they made a mistake somewhere...
  • Cool OS. I need to get it someday...
  • "cherryos.com not found" lol
  • Hey it seems they're down now. That company has an unstable server. It means they suck.
  • And a G5 smokes any P4. Well, from my experience at least lol
  • wtf is G5?
  • LoL,
    WTF?
    Didnt i post sumfin About this
    Already in this topic?!?
    Meh.....
    I Saw this @ OSBA,
    G5 is Apples latest(64bit?) processor,
    dunno if its anygood, only used a emac
    @ my old school, and for 5mins it was,
    so i dunno much bout it...
  • I haven't used it either. Somday I may, but BlacIII or whatever I'm gonna call it is going to be x86(64?).

-Q
  • Tomchu wrote:
    The first CPU in an Apple computer that might actually be worthy of something.
    My 68K Was Heaps cool!
  • Yea! 68K 4ever! 1ce I get my SEs working I will ApplTalk them & play SPECTRE between them!

-Q
  • Tomchu wrote:
    "You can expect to get about 80% of your processors power when working in the Apple Environment. For example a 3.2ghz P4 would run as fast as a 800 MHz G4 machine."

hmm, either it is that P4s are really 1GHZ or that they made a mistake somewhere...

You're still living in the MHz Myth days, I see.

A 1 GHz G4 != 1 GHz Pentium III != 1 GHz Athlon != 1 GHz Pentium IV, etc. They're all different chips, and hence, all perform differently. Clock speed means nothing alone.

A 1.0 GHz G4 is probably about almost equal to a 3.2 GHz P4. LMAO

My bad...
  • I use the MIT License.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    nightice wrote:

And that is exactly what's wrong with the GPL license. There is absolutely nothing stopping anyone from taking a current GPL project, such as PearPC, rebadging and repackaging it as something else, and then selling other people's work for money, as long as they provide the source code (whether or not for purchase).

The GPL is viral, and sucks big ass.

The thing is, he didn't release the source, and the 2 products are nearly identical, which is a pretty strong indicator that he copied off of PearPC to make a buck, and now is trying to cover his ass. If he at least released the source, everything would be fine.
  • I use G4 400MHz, G4 ~800MHz, and G5 Dual 2.0GHz's at school. From what I've done so far, the G4's aren't that much slower than the G5's.
  • It says on the site the Nov. 25th it'll be out to the public for trial and purchases.
  • Well, let's wait and see...

-Q
  • i think this is bullshit like windes x feel
  • HaH! True, I've never gotten that from them.

-Q
  • you call them about that again? its been like 4 months, that or you lost 9 dollars and they were 9 dollars richer.