How big is your Power Supply (watts)

edited November 2004 in Hardware
In the workstation it is 350 Watts

In the family computer 1: 250 watts
" " " " 2: 300 watts

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Enermax 365W in the desktop.

Like I said in another thread, though, wattage has almost no importance. It's about amps on the individual voltage rails.

yeah. Just divide the watts by your voltage to get amps. (V*A=W)
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Yeah, I know. But you're forgetting that there are many voltage rails in a powersupply. :P For all you know, the +12V rating could be shit, and the +3.3V could be way overdone. In that, you're still screwed if you try to plug 3 hard drives into your 400W el-cheapo power supply.

:P

:::Thinks of a time when I tryed using a generic power supply:::

:::Thinks: it was crap, but why did I buy it?:::

:::oh yeah. It was on sale for 5 bucks.:::

I have used crap cheap power supplies and they do infact suck.
  • Im 95% sure Im on a 400 watt Enermax.
  • 400s both (I think)

Anyway, wattage may have nothing to do with it, just like M/GHz, but it's still how their measured.

-Q
  • I'm on 350 watts.
  • I got a generic 350W in my main system, I had a Antec 250W in it, but that's not enough wattage no matter how you look at it.

~Duff
  • Shitty Q-Tec 300watt (150watt) PSU in the P3, 160watt Delta Electronics in the HP server, and a LiteOn Power Adaptor for the laptop.
  • wow, 160 watt :-|
  • server = 100watt?
    laptop = doesnt say
  • I had 142 watts on my Emachine 633id.
  • 350 watts
  • 480 watts, dunno if it was a cheapo supply or not, it was 40 bucks tho. Runs ok so im not complaining.

in me crapaq 233mhz i got a 75watt.
  • my mini is.... 40W max. Average use 30W. LESS THEN A LIGHTBULB.
  • Not less then my lightbulbs... You still using incandescents?

-Q
  • wow, 160 watt :-|

160watt is more than enough for a SCSI-based pentium 1 server.
  • Q wrote:
    Not less then my lightbulbs... You still using incandescents?

-Q
    I suppose so. No reason to use brighter lights. I use my monitor as a light source anyways, it's soft white or blue light is easier on the eyes then going from pitch black to having a solarbeam pop up next to your head.
  • All the main light fixtures in my house have 40W or 60W incandescent bulbs. The only exception is our kitchen which has long-life white fluorescent bulbs. My monitor or LCD is usually my illumination source.

~Duff
  • We use almost all Compact Fluorescent[sic] lights. They "own". I don't think I've had to replace a bulb in months. However I've gotta get to work on one in the bathroom. The [CS]ing this is so confined it wont take a CF! :mad:

-Q
  • Mine PS is just 230W :)
  • That's probably about the size of the one in Blac Legacy, I have no way of checking easily.

-Q
  • Blac Legacy I think was a 300 or 350 - cant remember which.

Everyone switch to fluorescent light bulbs, they use like 1/4th the power and last like 10x longer... a 15 watt fluorescent is as bright as a 60 watt non-fluorescent, and lasts 8-10 years, vs. incandescent's 1000 hours.
  • I don't remember @ all...

Yes, everyone should make an effort to @least TRY CFs, they're especially good in fixtures that are next to impossible to get to.

-Q
  • Main PC-450 Watt
  • CF's are nice... except their cost.
  • But they last FOREVER! And they don't glare like incandescents. Also, if you've felling real flush of money, try a LED bulb! They last for like ~100 000Hrs or something ridiculous.

-Q
  • jcmoor wrote:
    Main PC-450 Watt
    Yikes! A day ago it was unusual to hear about 400W PSU... I thought the maximum was like 300 - 350
    Maybe someone can tell me what's the most powerful PSU?
  • Highest I can find on Google is 550Watt, but there may be more. I didn't look very far or fast, as I have rice to go eat and my Grandmother has this speech about keeping people waiting...

-Q