recycled or original ink?

BODBOD
edited November 2004 in Hardware
when u refill your printer do you use original cartridges or recycled ones?

Comments

• ...Origional... you cant like, refill toner for massive industrial size printers :-|
  • HP cartridges for my printer are
  • I don't have a printer so I don't make that descision. Personally I like recycling so I'd probably opt for the recycled ones unless there was something drastically wrong with them.

-Q
  • Original, Refills are awfull. They have a "bleeding effect", and take ages to dry.

(printer used: HP DeskJet 710C)

I never bought ink for my own printer, because it was given to me for free with 2 full catridges :) (OKIjet 300c, 1994)
  • Origional (from HP) I own a HP Deskjet 722C, and when I had a recycled cartrage from some office store, it would only print like 50 pages. the HP ones print nearly 150 pages for me easily
  • I refilled printer ink for my old inkjets, but me inkjets never got good page counts to begin with (cheapass 22 dollar printers)

I dont wanna refil my lj toners, even tho its possiable, but the cartrages last a long time.
  • I'd get original.
  • wtf why does everyone have deskjets..

get a laserjet.

Mine only needs to get a new cartridge like, every decade.
  • wtf why does everyone have deskjets..

get a laserjet.

Mine only needs to get a new cartridge like, every decade.

exactly.

Dont think you can afford one, snag an old LJ4 or LJ5 even THEY beat a deskjet.

EDIT: ive had this toner cartrage, for 2 years now. Aint even half empty yet. Cost 88 bucks but it evens itself out concidering how much you apy for inkjet ink and HOW short of life you get out of inkjet ink.
  • If I find one I can swipe, I will (C@H has one, if he's ditching it I'll swipe it).

-Q
  • We have several lasers here, and I have one that we bought a couple years ago that I always use. It has a copy/scan function that I added on from eBay. But I still do have inkjets for when I NEED color.
  • When the cartridge of my free OkiJet 300c is empty im gonna buy a laserprinter. The OKI cartridges are huge! They last about 1000 pages... no kidding!
  • my lj cartrage lasts 6500 pages!
  • My LJ has lasted over 20,000, at which point, the printer rolls back the number to 0...
  • I use Original.
  • Well, I ran out of ink like yesterday... Should I recycle or buy original?
  • Try a recycle, if you like it, then keep going, if you hate it, remember.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    Try a recycle, if you like it, then keep going, if you hate it, remember.

-Q

The recycled inkjets worked good for me, but you could only refil it so many times (like 7) before it gave shitty results)
  • im not buying the refill kits, im buying cartridges that have alredy bin refilleed
  • I get 6000+ out of my LaserJet4 cartridges, and I get them new for $50 CDN, so I'm not complaining. For my color inkjet I get my cartridges new too, since they're dirt cheap.

~Duff
  • I get ~3000 on the LJ1100 and it's about $42USD, I think.
  • I always wanted to try one of those refill kits, but never did. I guess I'll continue buying new ones. I can usually make the black last 6+ months and the color usually lasts longer, but we keep them going till the color can drain. (for some reason the computer thinks the black is out, yet it keeps going rather well)
  • WEll I used recycled ink today.
  • recycled on my deskjet 600C and origional on the other printers i have (PSC 700) (some wheel printer) the recycled works good just i have problems with my printer printiing on two pages AT THE SAME TIME! (hits printing printer with stick because printer printed on 2 pages)
  • The recycle ink is pure shit... It splattered all over me.
  • no problems so far.....