Firefox 1.0

edited November 2004 in Software
comming november 9th

(woot)

Comments

• 3 days to the best things since Apache to happen to the Inet! I knew it was coming then, but didn't realize how close that was!

-Q

PS. Yea yea exagguration, but still! "woot"!
  • Yay! w00t! Can't wait to check it out!
  • ffxnow.png

Spread it. NOW!

PS: This is a good excuse as any for me to upgrade. I've been on 0.9.1 since June.
  • Lol, I just upgraded the FamPC from .8 to 1.0PR today.

Can't wait!
  • now to get my hands on my bros PC when hes out.......
  • If you install the Luna (IE) theme and change the IE icon to point to FFX, he just might not notice the difference.
  • Yay it's finally coming to a full version. I Remember trying it back when it was firebird and all it seemed like was a bad netscape. Then when .8 came out everyone I knew got it, so I tried too. Now I spread the word where I can. Nice to see it release as a final version.
  • Finally - countdown 2 days!

I've been on 0.91 since mid July....and it still has some flaws but hopefully 1.0 fixes them.
  • YaY! Waiting for tomorrow night!!
  • That's right! It just turned Nov8!

-Q
  • do you think PR and RC1 will have their built in updater detect and upgrade?
  • Im on RC2 and LOVE the new tabs setup... when you click a link in a program, it OPENS IT IN A NEW TAB, NOT A NEW WINDOW!
  • RC2... when did I miss that one....
  • When you didnt look on their FTP...
  • Q wrote:
    That's right! It just turned Nov8!

-Q
    LOL LOL
    14 minutes to November, 9 here!
  • The Updater correctly detected the update to some extention I had and install the new one, no sweat. I think the Update is one of the major points for Ffx 1.

-Q
  • Im on RC2 and LOVE the new tabs setup... when you click a link in a program, it OPENS IT IN A NEW TAB, NOT A NEW WINDOW!

There's been an extension to do that for a while. It also traps links trying to open in a new window (like external phpBB links) and converts them into tabs.
  • But now it's IN FFX! They're expanding and improving their innovation over IEs windows!

-Q
  • When you didnt look on their FTP...
    Yeah, I've never looked at an FTP for firefox. I download what's on their site, which is still preview release, not even RC1.
  • Get all Moz infos from http://mozillazine.org/

-Q
  • well... it's novemeber 9th, already installed it at school (where I am now).
  • Their site times out :(
  • well, someone here should put it up on their FTP, in the event that it doesn't clear up later.
  • It's up and out! Ffx forever!

-Q
  • I got it this morning before i got to school

it owns, i like the google based start page.
  • yeah, the new start page is pretty nice.
  • the start page is good, and they FINALLY added a go button!
  • i HATE the go Button

and you could of had it in older versions too, just customize the toolbars.
  • the go button is useful when i cant be bothered to pull the keyboard from out underneath the monitor....... damned space saving designs,.