Windows XP Home vs. Pro

13»

Comments

• 1 IDE channel, but u could still have two drives on it
  • Not if I add the CD-ROM LOL

Does it need to be XP? I got a 2000 install that's like 400MB.
  • take one hd out then :P
  • I SAID that.
    if I put a Cd-ROM in it, I can only have one HD (1 IDE channel)
  • I have a dual-486 motherboard!
    For older servers!
  • I'm working on getting a dual 200Mhz Pentium PRO system running. All it needs is a voltage regulator for the second cpu. I won one off ebay, but they haven't told me where to mail the money order to yet.
  • eBay has changed some shit around. I think eBay now mails you the address.

I li ke it that way, it's always a bitch to email the seller and ask and some sellers are too paranoid to post their address.
  • My step-aunt is 52 and she a computer "geek" like all of us. She builds he own PC's and she takes classes for different Things like Advanced Networking and C++ Programming and Crap like that. If I have questions, I look up to her. She only lives a couple towns over from me too. She doesnt seem that old to me though... Seems more like she's in her late 30's. As for XP, I rule in favor of XP Pro. I'm gunna install it today...
  • I rule in faver or XP Pro Corp. On the other hand, the guys on MS's activation line are pretty stupid:

MS guy: Is this the first computer you have installed this copy of Windows on?

You: Yes.

MS Guy: Alright, here's your activation code.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • They don't check to see if it's already been activated.
  • Is it possible to activate pirated XP?
  • dont they do it on hardware config? cos surely u could just build two comps exactly the same.....
  • Slash wrote:
    Is it possible to activate pirated XP?
    Not if it is activated and running on another machine accross the world.

And besides, I think Windows XP doesn't let you activate after over 5 re-installs.

You have to call them.
  • and you cant change your hardware more than 5 times in 180 days, you have to call them ......, (fail)
  • Easier to use a crack even you have a legal version
  • They have the right to (attempt) to protect it and we have the right to "whine" about thier protection.

-Q
  • Um, how does getting irritated at required phoning home = "running around naked screaming that flying sea urchins are out to get me" ?

-Q
  • edited December 2004
    I heard that every 6 months MS wipes out the server that all the Activation Codes are on and then you can put it on a diff. Machine every 6 months. I have it on 3... With no cracks or anything...

Edit: I just had to wait a year and 1/2
  • NTL1991 wrote:
    I heard that every 6 months MS wipes out the server that all the Activation Codes are on and then you can put it on a diff. Machine every 6 months. I have it on 3... With no cracks or anything...
    Can anyone confirm this? I think I've heard about this before....
  • MS usually gives you activations for 3 different machines. If you use the same machine all the time, you get 99. But if you use different ones so many times you need to call MS.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Q wrote:
    They have the right to (attempt) to protect it and we have the right to "whine" about thier protection.

-Q

Of course you do. I also have the right to run around naked screaming about flying sea urchins that are out to get me.

... But that doesn't mean I won't look like a fool. :)
    I have seen them.