installed xp on thinkpad 760xl 32mb ram 160mhz p2 2gig hd

edited November 2004 in Software
i thought xp could only run on 233mhz mmx at least but it ran and for the ram thing i tinkered with the dosnet and txtsetup files int the I386 folder and set the minimum memory line that has 67108864 in it to 33030144 and write that to a new cd (mine wouldent boot) and i have no cd rom anyway so i sent the i386 over parallel cable with filemaven and installed from a windows 98 boot disk with smartdrv (trust me you want smartdrive without it your gonna wait some hours) and then type cd i386 and then winnt and it installed but some file wouldnt copy cuz dos shortened the names :( but it installed through yay (woot) (dance) (woot) (dance)

Comments

• fish installed it on a 100MHz :P
  • edited November 2004
    aaah i figured he would but not 32 mb of ram and ill do longhorn and wait all night to start it up :)

i know its insane and i havnt even disabled the luna themes yet im crazy muhoohahhaha !
  • But Fish had 64mb RAM...
  • and im not trying to use 64 mb thats what this is all about running xp on 32 mb i ran mini nt on 8 mb before :p
  • with nLite (believe, it is a MUST HAVE if you want to remove windows features, in my opinion) You can set the minimum requirement for RAM all the way down to 8MB, I think even farther.
  • with nLite (believe, it is a MUST HAVE if you want to remove windows features, in my opinion) You can set the minimum requirement for RAM all the way down to 8MB, I think even farther.
    You can set 2k+ to not even check ram with nLite.