Convert to dos

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Once again you try to assert some kind of superiority. I've known about services.msc longer than you've been diddling yourself in bed, Slash.

Care to actually advance some proof?

-Q
  • It runs OK, but notice you shouldn't run newer apps such as Photoshop CS.
    But then. It's not the fault of the OS.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    This is Slash diddling in bed: 8=D (y) - 2002

How do you know that?

-Q
  • *FSB, they got renamed a few years ago :wink:

-Q
  • Who said they're different (Although frankly, I don't think either of us really qualified to speak on this)? All I said is that you're using the old name for that organization.

-Q

PS. They'd never rename themselves to that, that doesn't have the same acronym as their motto!
  • Tom, stop making a problem from nothing...
  • A Dos Compat card will only work on a few
    mac's, and not with later mac os such as 9x,
    also, that version of NT for the powerpc, is for
    IBM powerpc processors, Power Mac's run on
    Motorolla powerpc processors.
    NT will not run on a power mac, i have one with
    a dos compat card, though, ive never been able
    to work out how to use it........
  • I'm not sure, but I've read that compatibility cards only enable dos based systems to run...
  • I'm not sure either, it more seems to me that compat. cards do that poor and sometimes refuse to work at all.
  • es, NT will install on PowerPC, but I still think it requires a dos compatibility card.

The PPC version of NT4 was made for IBM's line of PPC workstations. Uses a diffrent BIOS/ROM setup but yet is uses the RISC based CPU.

Along time ago a friend of mine had a mac. His whole family were pro mac users untill it got harder and harder to find programs for it. They bought NT4 thinking they can run it on their mac instead of MacOS. Well ofcorse they had no luck with that. They got a copy of a program called RealPC that was a DOS emulator, all it had was DOS 6.22 with all of the newest toys and apps. They got me to install Windows 3.1 on it and it worked fine. I tryed installing NT4 on it but it seemed that RealPC only worked with the DOS Kernel. Even tryed Windows95 and it worked untill they rebooted it after the installation and it stoped working. Now they own a PC and turned their old mac into a DHCP server for their network.
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    es, NT will install on PowerPC, but I still think it requires a dos compatibility card.

The PPC version of NT4 was made for IBM's line of PPC workstations. Uses a diffrent BIOS/ROM setup but yet is uses the RISC based CPU.

Along time ago a friend of mine had a mac. His whole family were pro mac users untill it got harder and harder to find programs for it. They bought NT4 thinking they can run it on their mac instead of MacOS. Well ofcorse they had no luck with that. They got a copy of a program called RealPC that was a DOS emulator, all it had was DOS 6.22 with all of the newest toys and apps. They got me to install Windows 3.1 on it and it worked fine. I tryed installing NT4 on it but it seemed that RealPC only worked with the DOS Kernel. Even tryed Windows95 and it worked untill they rebooted it after the installation and it stoped working. Now they own a PC and turned their old mac into a DHCP server for their network.
    Wow, that's a crafty idea for an old mac...
  • Ya, IBM and Motorolla PPC Proccessors
    are different, NT is only for the IBM powerpc,
    X86 and i think DEC's ALPHA or sumfin...
  • Don't forget MIPS, I think that was the only one you missed.

-Q
  • i once ran NT 4 with 128 mb ram it ran great
  • 192 is better :P
  • LoL,
    ive tried NT4.0 with 32, Ran like shit,
    LoL, tho that was on a 200mhz pentium
  • i once ran NT 4 with 128 mb ram it ran great
    If I had 128Megs, I wont install nt4, cuz 2000 will run perfect there and even XP can...
  • I run NT4 on 64MB ram on a pentium 166, never had any problems, runs smooth as silk
  • NT4 runs great under VPC with 52 mb. Guess where I'm posting from and with what browser. :P
  • NT4 and IE2...

-Q
  • Right! Seeing as it doesn't support quick reply, javascript, and sometimes the bottom-of-page login, it's a natural choice! That and NT bluescreened once when I tried to install FFX, and the other times the installer doesn't start.
  • Quick Reaply is Javascript. And I believe the bottom login is also.
  • ie2 fails to connect to http://fishnet.no-ip.org
  • You have to add port 81 to it or Verizon will block it.

-Q
  • Ah yeah... Damn!