Internet Explorer 6 SP2

edited December 2004 in Software
Does anyone know if MS plan to release Internet Explorer 6 SP2 (the one that comes with SP2 for Windows XP) for Windows 98/Me/2K as It would be very handy to have in those operating systems as well.

Richard

Comments

• No their not. You want IE 6 SP2, you'll be buying XP. This is the same reason they don't have Windows Firewall and all the other goodies for download for 2000, NT, and all the others.

-Q
  • Uh....why not just use Firefox?
  • Uh....why not just use Firefox?

exactly!
  • You know, Richard is a fan of IE, MSN and other Microsoft's crap...
  • ill use the M$N service but not that piece of shit they call an IM client
  • Actually Ive converted to firefox and been using firefox for ages. I was just wondering as i like to keep my systems up todate.

No dont mock MSN Messenger its very popular here. much better that AIM I hate anything to do with AOL.

Richard
  • The new versions of AIM suck, but the older ones are OK. I still like DarkAIM :wink:

But anyway, from what I've heard MS isn't going to update IEs unless they're in their latest Windows version.

-Q
  • DarkAIM ownz.
  • i know M$N is popular in the UK, after all i happen to live there LOL. i prefre trillian, as i can sign into more than 1 account and more than 1 service
  • Trillian kicks ass!
  • Yeah, but the newer one is buggy and ugly
  • 2.013 and i plan to stay there, the new one looks too much like M$N
  • Steve wrote:
    Yeah, but the newer one is buggy and ugly

If you mean the BETA one, then IDK what you are talking about, it is stable for me. Didn't have a problem yet. But the GUI could be better. But if you are talking about the 2.0xx, then I guess, I could never get yahoo to work right.
  • msn messenger is the only ms program descent in use... or something
  • I haven't used any Trillian except new 3.0.
    I've noticed it wastes much bandwidth...
  • Slash wrote:
    I haven't used any Trillian except new 3.0.
    I've noticed it wastes much bandwidth...

Trillian uses some bandwidth, but it doesn't waste it. It doesn't use a whole lot.
  • Keep in mind, he's on a 28.8 line.

-Q
  • Yeah, it's quite noticeable for me. on my... how you said, Q? 28.8? No! 24K!
  • 24K... but doesn't it go faster than that @ some times?
  • OK 24, I knew it was around that and 28.8 is what came to mind.

-Q
  • IM clients dont really "use bandwidth". They send a few bytes every few minutes to stay connected to the server (i think it was 3 minutes), and when you IM someone they use a few bytes here and there to send / recieve IMs, other than that, theres ZERO usage from them and the slowness is all a mental thing.
  • Unless you forget to uncheck "Send anonymous usage statistics" in Tril!

-Q
  • I think AIM does that like every 30 seconds to a minute. It always disconnects rather fast if you unplug the cable / connection drops.
  • It also gets that atwola ad.

-Q
  • Unless you crack it.
  • or modify the hosts file or block the address at router level;
  • Q wrote:
    Unless you forget to uncheck "Send anonymous usage statistics" in Tril!

-Q
    Thanks now it's unchecked!
  • I could see that blowing some bandwidth on a slow line.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    I could see that blowing some bandwidth on a slow line.

-Q
    No, not exactly. I haven't noticed any difference.
    I've noticed it only when I completely closed the Tril.
  • What's Tril?