Old S3 Virge/Trio Video cards

edited January 2005 in Hardware
Everybody has got some. how many of those old s3 video cards do you have. I have 3 in use, and about 8 in a box.

Comments

• ive got one somwhere, 2MB i think
  • A couple, I don't think any are in use unless you count the integrated on in the Daignostic Computer and maybe the one in Blac Legacy.

-Q
  • There's a S3 Virge 2 MB in my laptop.
    I also got anoter S3 laying around somewhere.

~Duff
  • S3 Virge/ GX 2M PCI and an S3 Trio /64 1M PCI
  • I have a lot of S3 Trios.
  • I have S3 TRIO64V+ 2Mb on my 486
  • Uh,

0 of these kinda of cards...
  • I have a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 4mb PCI card that uses the S3 Virge N1C3BD chipset.
  • i have about maybe, 3
    2 2mbs and i think a 3mb, i dunno,
    they were taken over by "diamond" or something if i rememember properly...
  • Uh,

0 of these kinda of cards...
    That might mean you havent used a PC somewhere in 1997, that's for sure!
  • about 3 S3 Trio 63, 2 Trio 64V+, 1 S3 Trio 64V2, 2 S3 ViRGE cards and a integrated S3 "Trio64V+OnBoard", but most of the cards are mine but are over at a friends house.

I got about 4 Trident TGUI9440 1mb cards.
  • I have five Tridents 512K...
  • Haha!!! Trident 512kb, i have one of those in my 486.

//Mr.Mac
  • Haha!!! Trident 512kb, i have one of those in my 486.

//Mr.Mac
    Yeah! My 486 has one too. I have a diamond multimedia with an S3 video chip (as they are the same company). I think 2MB PCI.
  • I have a Trio64V2 in the HP...or maybe its a 64V+...I haven't looked at it recently.
  • Still dunno what's the difference between Trio64V2 and Trio64V+
  • Slash wrote:
    I have S3 TRIO64V+ 2Mb on my 486

I have a couple of those :cool:
  • Slash wrote:
    Still dunno what's the difference between Trio64V2 and Trio64V+

They probably figured they could charge more for the 64V+. LOL
  • Slash wrote:
    Still dunno what's the difference between Trio64V2 and Trio64V+

The difference is that the V2 has a faster RAMDAC and able to have higher refresh rates than the V+. AND Supposedly it has better memory bandwidth management, and better mpeg video accelator.
  • i think my other laptop the compaq armada has on of the 2mb something or other im not too sure.

PS: i have no reason for having that laptop now, i have the latitude c600 :)
  • Might want to send that laptop to me?
  • lol well i wouldnt want to give it away, i spent a few hundred in getitng it and buying the parts to put it together
  • Ah ok.
  • i always thought about selling it on ebay, but i have a buyers account on there, whenever i try to sign up for a sellers account it asks for a credit card verification - i dont have one to verify
  • i have two trio 64v+s (one 1mb, one 2mb) and a virge gx 4mb, all pci
  • Never heard if there was S3 ISA.
  • LOL S3's have been around for a long time.

Is there a point to this thread really? I got about 10 Compaq Cirrus Logic PCI cards and about 4 various VGA cards 4M and under laying around.
  • Is there a point to most of what's posted here, or most of what people say to each other?

No, it's just for fun and community.

-Q
  • I've only 1 Cirrus Logic card.