I'm almost there... I think

2»

Comments

• yeah, older MS software liked to come bundled with basics. My office 97 also comes with IE3, I guess my encarta 98 would also have IE3 on it....
  • Really? I thought Office 97 needed IE4. Speaking of IE4, why was there an OEM CD?
  • From what I remember, it only needs a 486 DX2 66 MHz, 16Mb of RAM, Windows 95. It does work on NT 3.51, you just need SP5.
  • nightice wrote:
    Really? I thought Office 97 needed IE4. Speaking of IE4, why was there an OEM CD?
    OEM editions of IE were just the IE core with a few cosmetic changes.... logos added here and there, custom favorites, additional installed things (heh.... spyware before it was called spyware I guess).
  • No. I meant an IE CD that actually came with the computer that read "Only to be distributed with a new computer. For product support, please contact the manufacturer."
  • nightice wrote:
    No. I meant an IE CD that actually came with the computer that read "Only to be distributed with a new computer. For product support, please contact the manufacturer."

ive got one of those for IE4, its the one that adds IE intergration to NT4 and 95
  • nightice wrote:
    No. I meant an IE CD that actually came with the computer that read "Only to be distributed with a new computer. For product support, please contact the manufacturer."
    Those cds that say blah blah blah new computer blah blah.... usually when you install them you'll notice the little IE splash logo has changed and the Microsoft Internet Exploiter provided by ...... at least a gateway one I have does that, and all aol IE's do that. I don't think I have an aol cd with IE4, they just kinda skipped from 3 to 5(.5)
    BOD wrote:
    nightice wrote:

ive got one of those for IE4, its the one that adds IE intergration to NT4 and 95
    All IE 4 builds have the desktop upgrade for NT4 and 95. Unless I missed something... That desktop upgrade was created because 98 came with it integrated, so they included it as an add on for NT 4 and 95.
  • the IE4 that comes with terminal server doesnt have the intergration
  • AFAIK, it doesn't have any branding. Wierd.
  • BOD wrote:
    the IE4 that comes with terminal server doesnt have the intergration
    Ok... then I missed something... then again.... I don't use any server os.