Tabbed browsing in Firefox

Comments

• remote desktop never works for me, i just use VNC
  • virtual network computing

www.vnc.com
  • Remote network control, like Remote Desktop, only standardized and open.

-Q
  • I use netmeetings remote desktop... as I don't have XP pro, and most of my machines run 2000. I've never used XP pro's remote desktop, hows the quality? With netmeeting's it's choppy and the colors are all off. And this VNC you speak of, hows that? Do you use RealVNC?
  • ultea@ vnc works pretty good
  • Over a LAN RDC is pretty good, a bit slow with the inital loading (You can disable backgrounds for faster loading) and sometimes it gets colors wrong, but not in a major way.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    Over a LAN RDC is pretty good, a bit slow with the inital loading (You can disable backgrounds for faster loading) and sometimes it gets colors wrong, but not in a major way.

-Q
    Well I'll show you what net meeting does.
    netmeeting.png
    most colors are off at all times. And... just to see what would happen, I tried to play UT 2004 through netmeeting... but it didn't display the game, it just showed a window that said ut2004.exe at the top, taking up the whole screen, but it couldn't display the game itself. Any idea if any of these other programs could in fact display games or things that cause screen resolution to change on the fly?
  • RAdmin is pretty good, I usually use it.

Any of these Mac and PC compatible?
  • There is a VNC for System 10...

-Q
  • aparently RealVNC is in just about any platform.
  • UNIX too?
  • HP-UX and Linux amongst others.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    Mozilla is an independant organization now, and AOL/NS is making a browser based on Ffx 0.9.3, take a l@@K, http://gemal.dk/misc/nsb05.png

-Q

I guess Netscape won't use their own code... And AOL needs to stop using IE, and AOL should use their netscape gecko engine... not IE's.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes, it is fine. I find it less CPU-intensive on my server being a 450MHz.

I also like ther HTTP connection that it has. Works great if you need to work on something remotely and don't have the client. Hell, even works on 95.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Slash wrote:
    Romote Desktop is a very ugly and unstable thing.,
    In one word, it SUCKS!
    Try to get Radmin, the finest program of that kind.

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.

RDP is awesome. Performance on it is excellent, because it doesn't actually transfer any images, just instructions for drawing. The local client uses that information to draw stuff natively using its own widgets.
    So, is XP's remote desktop greatly improved over the remote desktop included with netmeeting?
  • I've never used netmeeting's, so I can't say. It is very good, though.
  • well look at the picture I posted earlier... that is a desktop viewed though netmeeting. As you can see moving the mouse around created a trail of color...
  • vNC "ownz" no more Radmin for me, just got done installing Real VNC.
  • Steve wrote:
    I also like ther HTTP connection that it has. Works great if you need to work on something remotely and don't have the client. Hell, even works on 95.

VNC has that only problem is it uses the fucking java runtime
  • BOD wrote:
    Steve wrote:

VNC has that only problem is it uses the fucking java runtime
    What's so bad about using java?
  • er... its like 90MB and if you dont download the sun version u have to use IE (fail) and that has stopped workign recently
  • Uhhh I have the sun version working in Firefox, and its like 15MB to download.
  • Uhhh I have the sun version working in Firefox, and its like 15MB to download.

15MB you say??

java.JPG
  • ALOT of that is the cache, which is 50M by default so... ~72 - 50 = ~22, which is a little over Fishes.

-Q

PS. Mines 108
  • The distib is 15 megs, and the full java is around 100...
  • Slash wrote:
    The distib is 15 megs, and the full java is around 100...
    Full java you say... I think my dell has the full install. My mini... still has MS JVM..... heh.... which means everything else I have would also have that.