Your printer

Comments

• NTL1991 wrote:
    you cant just buy a new cartridge for that monster?

No, Its like a
  • What is that in USD? Ill take it...
  • NTL1991 wrote:
    What is that in USD? Ill take it...

Its about the same... And you can have my printer. Come pick it up at my house :P
  • Lexmark printers seem to be the best from what i've heard. I hate cannon printers, they like to go out on me very easly. Shockingly I can still find the ink ribbons for my Cltoh printer at office depot, they're like 6 bucks a ribbon. The paper on the otherhand costs around 50 to 60 bucks a case.
  • Im nuetral about Lexmark, because it's what my dad buys... I really like the X83 MFP that we have now... It prints SO fast. I still want a lazer though. How much would a plane ticket to the Netherlands cost?
  • NTL1991 wrote:
    Im nuetral about Lexmark, because it's what my dad buys... I really like the X83 MFP that we have now... It prints SO fast. I still want a lazer though. How much would a plane ticket to the Netherlands cost?

over a grand
  • Lexmark=bad
    Canon=mediocre
    HP/Epson=good
  • HP = OK, Epson = nasty.

As per almost all of my experiences.

-Q
  • Lexmarks are built a bit flimsy. Cheap thin plastic, and the printer moves over your desk in the direction the cartridge moves in while printing.

Canons, epsons and HPs are good. HPs ink is expensive, and Canon (and epson?) have separate ink tanks.
  • Lexmarks are built a bit flimsy. Cheap thin plastic, and the printer moves over your desk in the direction the cartridge moves in while printing.

my parents lexmark does that LOL
  • My Epson does that...actually it just shakes hard in the direction the catridge is going. I call it "violent printing." LOL
  • "Please load paper in the auto-sheet feeder!" was so annoying!

Oh and Apollo=teh bad

Epson seems pretty good to me so far...
  • i like the way lexmarks talk to you LOL
  • Apollo = teh repackaged HP crap with no support/drivers.

-Q
  • and teh parts that break and print in funny colors

lol
  • My Epson 660 does that... It shaked my whole desk... Not my Lexmarks Though...
  • Purrr.... Ooh! I want that! How much did that cost?
  • i want a laser printer
  • My parents Canon i320 is stable (doesn't move when printing), and the ink is cheap, one black tank + one color tank = $25 CAD. So pretty good. The printer that originally came with their computer Lexmark Z11 had extremely expensive ink, like $50 CAD a cartridge, and it was ugly too, as well as that retarded "Please load paper in the auto-sheet feeder" or "black ink is low". Right now I have it sitting in my closet without ink. I like my LaserJet 4 Plus better though :).

~Duff
  • Yeah, we had the Z11's. Got them free or $7. But then the inks were expensive.
  • Lexmark rapes your wallet when it comes to ink.
  • "Printing Started" "Printing Complete"

I always thought it was "Please load paper in the auto-shit feeder"
  • You could easily turn that off. LOL
  • I realize, but by default it's on.
  • Yeah...and mine doesn'tm ove like that. Must be a newer issue.

Though I don't even have my z11 any more. I got a USB Deskjet 3340.
  • My HP deskjet is USB too, but I got an LPT adapter and got rid of that USB, coz I dont like the whole usb idea.
  • Well, I used to have some canon printer (fell down the stairs, [we have a ledge by our basement stairs, and with a xmas party going on...] ) and I have a HP Deskjet 722C.
  • Slash wrote:
    coz I dont like the whole usb idea.

huh? USB is great!
  • BOD wrote:
    Slash wrote:
    coz I dont like the whole usb idea.

huh? USB is great!

Yea, in the majority of cases, USB owns parallel in many ways.

~Duff