My new (well technically old) laptop

edited December 2004 in Hardware
My dad gave me this Compaq Presario 1210 laptop for christmas (yes I know its old), and I want to just format the hard drive and install Windows 98 SE on it. I need help in finding the following drivers for it:

- Synaptics PS/2 TouchPad driver (input, mice)
- NeoMagic Graph 128ZV driver (video, graphics)
- Compaq Presario 336-DF (modem)
- ES1887 Plug and Play AudioDrive (sound)

Yes the laptop is old and these drivers are old, but I can't find these anywhere and DriverGuide.com isn't helpful. Please help me find these drivers so I don't have to live with Windows 95 on it.... I'll post the computer specs later. Thanks.

Comments

• 98 has drivers for the graphics on that, i think thats the same as my laptop
  • I'm not sure but 98 will most likely have the drivers for that card. It's SB compatable the 98 supports most ESS cards.

Also the mouse, is that generic PS\2? Most laptop mice will show up as MS compatable mice.
  • 98 does ess as well
  • Thanks Roger.... That was a big help. As for my laptop specs, ther will not be posted here as this isn't the right section to put it..... It will be located in Hardware talk when I get the chance to go into my device manager.
  • ok, now I have a problem..... my laptop's not detecting my COM2: port.... this is the port my modem is connected to. It detected when windows 95 was there, now its not detecting at all.... please help.
  • Is it an internal Winmodem? I've never gotten a port used by one detected properly.
  • My modem is a Compaq Presario 336-DF modem in which I have the driver for, but the port is not detecting. I go into Device Manager, and there is an Unknown Device in it. I told it to detect the port, but no luck.
  • I'm going through the Device manager and there is an IRQ conflict...... I'm trying to resolve this. I'll post to let you all know what's up.
  • that is so cool last xmas i got a compaq persario 1215 off of ebay not much different that yours , but i put windows 95 A on it cause 98 se was quite sluggish
  • trainer4 wrote:
    Thanks Roger.... That was a big help. As for my laptop specs, ther will not be posted here as this isn't the right section to put it..... It will be located in Hardware talk when I get the chance to go into my device manager.

No problem.
  • "Unknown Device"...can't you just add the drivers in its property sheet?
  • I figured it all out...... I restored it back to Win95 B and I removed all the unnecessary shit and installed windows 98 over top of it.