HELP

edited January 2005 in Software
Ok, needing help, How so I set up an ftp? Need all details, Thanks
Wolfie

Comments

• You don't know how to setup an FTP??
    It's easy, just get some ftp server, for example apache... or use IIS (it sucks though but comes with windows)
  • Apache is HTTP you doof LOL
  • bullet proof ftp server
  • *Moved to servers*

-Q
  • Thanks Bod, I couldnt remember the name of the program. I need to also set up an no-ip account also correct? and then figure out how to port foward my router to my one computer.
  • No-IP, or other Dynamic DNS accounts, are optional, but having a working one makes things a whole lot easier for ppl, including yourself.

-Q
  • Q, thanks, I have a 1 gig hdd, that I am going to use. I know it isnt big, but hey every little thing helps
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Damn you all!
    I wanted to sleep that time so I posted some wrong stuff... my mistake
  • And, by in large, it's true. I've done it some times.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    And, by in large, it's true. I've done it some times.

-Q

ur not the only one
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Slash wrote:
    Damn you all!
    I wanted to sleep that time so I posted some wrong stuff... my mistake

That, and "I was drunk", is always everyone's excuse when they post retarded shit.

Like TCP. LOL

Fuck I am just plain stupid....
  • You have to remember Tom, that you are much more mature than other members of this board and you can handle it LOL
  • And MrC is capable of making incredibly amusing GIFs seemingly on seconds notice...

-Q
  • Damn, back to topic!
    I know some other FTP stuff:
    Gene6FTPServer v.3.1
    GuildFTPd
    These softwares I've used, both work good
  • Get Bullet Proof FTP Server with a crack of FileZilla.

FileZilla seems to have a BPFPT-like setup, very close to it.

And of course, Apache for HTTP :-)
  • steve point me in the right direction to find it
  • Fixed/added, thanx.

-Q
  • well I am going to take tomorrow off work, so I will try to get to it
  • ok I d/l filezilla and also no-ip... How so I sent my computer to its own dns ( i think that is right) numberright now is is dhcp( I think that is right)
  • To get No-IP working you have to sign up for a No-IP account, have you done that yet?

-Q
  • I done that Q... I hadtopher help me out. I have to install filezilla and the no-ip to the other computer and I will be set

[Edit by Q: Merged accedental guest posting]
  • OK I am stupid, I have a no-ip account, I have the no-ip duc running and also filezilla. When I type in the address ( http) to my system it just sits there. Do I have to set up something in filezilla??? I set my router to foward port 21 to my computer already.... What am I missing here???
  • HTTP is port 80, AKA Web, which is what Apache, IIS, Abyss, and other web servers do. FTP is ftp:// and works on port 21, as you know.

-Q
  • like i said I am stupid!!!! DOH!!!!! it was a messed up day yesterday with the kids home and the wife naggin.... next question ( remember i new at this)
    should filezilla be on its own drive? How does it know what files I want to give access to get...

::edit:: Ok I did some hunting around here and found the info I was looking for from another thread... I will follow that ... i found out what I was missingf.... filezilla SERVER!!!!! I just has filezilla!!!!!