HELP

2»

Comments

• pounding head against wall
    :(
    why wont it work!!!!
  • What exactly do you have set up (FZ, No-IP, etc, etc), and how are you trying to connect to it? Be as detailed as possible, we can ignore the stuff that has no bearing on this, but the better we understand what's going on the better we can help you with your setup.

-Q
  • thanks Q, ok, I am running no-ip duc.... and also filezilla server, I set up a user and no password. and also a directory for that user. I am useing filezilla to try to connect with it, also IE and firefox. IE and FireFox when I try useing a username tells me the username is incorrect. when I try just using the ftp:// it times out. when I use filezilla it just tells me it is unable to connect. when turn on filezilla server it tells me that it is listening to port 21. and i have my modem/router ported to my computer.... If I was at home right now I would put up screen shots. I am not sure what steps I am missing.

Thanks Wolfie
  • When you're back at home, try ftp://127.0.0.1/ in IE or Firefox.

-Q
  • ok I know that is the server setting in filezilla, should I change that???? if so what should I change that to?
  • Wait, what server setting?

-Q
  • when you go in to filezilla under config I cont remember the name exactly, but it shows the defult server as 127.0.0.1 or you can put in a diffrent IP ....
  • Keep it like that. It'll still work.

If you do change it, make sure your IP address doesn't channel locally. (IE: Don't reset your router/Make it static)
  • WOW I was able to access my ftp today from work.... well I saw it, It wouldnt let me upload anything, but I have to work on the user name and password for it.... so I am moving in the right direction!!!!!
  • You need to change your permissons to allow uploads.
  • no, I just have to go back and set a user name and password for the ftp
  • ok now here is a good one, why can I access my ftp from work and not home??? is it because it is using the same ip# at home as the ftp is using???
  • Can you connect from another computer in your house? i.e. go to 192.168.x.x instead of the outside url?
  • Use the local URI, like ftp://192.168.x.x/, some routers (I know mine, a Linksys, does) don't like it when you try using an external web URI that points to something local (Bad job explaining that).

-Q
  • that would be the reason Q ... if I am on the computer with the ftp i can do that 127.0.0.1 with no problems,,,, IT WORKS!!! now I just have to put stuff on it, My brother is going to give me a 4 gig hd on saturday, so I will like the 2 together since i figured out how to do that, now I will have 5 gigs to play with ... right now I will prob just put mu$ic on it
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • XPs firewall dont do loopback....
  • QQ
    edited January 2005
    127.0.0.1 and/or 192.138.x.x? That's how Fish does it I know...

Anyway, "most" doesn't mean that I don't have an exception. Which in this case works after saving an option already set... GRR

-Q
  • BOD wrote:
    XPs firewall dont do loopback....
    because the XP firewall sucks ass. they didnt do a very good job at it.