Linux Sucks....a short [s]story[/s] article by James Babb

Comments

• 96MB = NT4. And I have an NT4 box with 96MB. It runs FINE.

And KDE beats the shit out of 96MB and a few programs open.
  • nt4 obviously cant run 2 programs at the same time at all...
  • Slash wrote:
    nt4 obviously cant run 2 programs at the same time at all...

but it can.....
  • WTF? My old 486 can run two programs at once just fine and it runs NT 4.
  • Maybe there were 2 programs, one of them wasnt doing anything during the work of second.
    Try to format a harddrive and a floppy at the same time.
  • Uhh.... Do you know how simple that really is? :P
  • Ok, I don't want to continue, because I dont understand why you exaggerate the facts and advertise Microsoft Windows.
    Maybe I am wrong. If so, I don't know why linux always worked better than windows for me.
    The end of story.
  • Me exagerating?

You think Windows can't run more than five programs at once? I proved you wrong.

=)
  • Then I dont know why it always worked worse for me than for you. That was no proof for me.
    End of story.
  • want some screen shots Slash?
  • No.
    /me waits this to be locked.
  • /me wishes this thread never started, since every other week, there is a thread, and there are a few posts that deal with bashing linux.
  • BUT THERE IS SOMETHING WE ALL ARE FORGETTING

What we say is NOT FACT, but opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. HOWEVER, there is a problem when someone opinion is attempted to be turned into FACT.

What i said about Linux is an opinion.
  • Exactly. It's your opinion. And all that stuff about Windows was just my opinion.
    OK, from this moment I will ignore threads like this.
  • Alright, let's hope THIS particular conflict is in remission.

-Q
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OK. I may agree.
  • I wouldn't recommend KDE or GNOME for older PCs. Probably IceWM.
  • Probably the best was WindowMaker
  • Slash wrote:
    Probably the best was WindowMaker
    Xfce kicks ass. but the newest version looks like windows xp, something i dont want to see on a unix system. too plasticiky.
  • Nemo, stop posting raw insults.

-Q
  • Back your things up with a reason atleast.....
  • Even so, all caps insults against people and things makes you look ALOT like the stereotypical "troll".

-Q
  • Hi!

Ok, lets just break this down, shall we?

Linux = 100% Secure
    Windows = 0% Secure
    FreeBSD = Who knows - I haven't seen very many FreeBSD servers on the internet lately. That MUST be because they suck. I dunno - i've never used it.

Right, Linux is has recently been found to be not very secure when it comes to HTTP Serving, especially the Apache HTTP Server. Hmm, maybe the dumbasses that did the test were like "OMFG! I don't know what a Router is!!!!" because I have yet to see some fucktard 14 yr old hack into a router. Anything behind a router (hardware firewall) is alomost impossible to hack. Apart from that, most companies have enough money to buy several machines for different tasks, for example HTTP, FTP and Samba serving. And also, some very smart person invented something called a "Backup".......they suprisingly BACKUP things.

So Backup + Multiple Servers = Shit.....Which one to hack!?! Ah, the FTP Server.....yayz it's down....mission accomplished! What? Huh? WTF? Cron is restoring everying back to its origional locations and thus rendering my stupid and petty attempt at trying to hack a Linux Server.......nooooooooooo! I am such a n00b.

Anyone that thinks that Linux is shit is stupid....reasons:

a) They ran it on spare parts -> I almost garantee those spare HDDs have been hanging around in a box in the basement....yes I'm very sure that they'll work first time! Fail.
    b)They ran it on a system where they knew something didn't work and so they tried to fix a HARDWARE related problem like RAM with software.......shithead. Fail
    c)The most common: Huh? I'm sure that I set it up right......Oh well, blame it on Linux's far superior architecture and kernel instead of the shit that I've got for brains. RTFM.......properly n00b. Fail.

About c).........well, yes Linux does suck........but only because you can't use it properly......Because it's too hard......for fucks sake, I've setup IP Masquerading, ProFTPD, VSFTPD, CUPS, LPD, YTALK, SAMBA and others without problems JUST by reading the fucking manual........maybe you should try that as well......fucknut.

I hope that I'm not instigating a flame......*cough*
  • Actually I have seen a majority of commerical servers running either FreeBSD or Windows Server....sooooooooo

Windows is actually quite secure as long as you disable remote execution in php if you are running a server (cough cough..made that mistake once)
  • Who is this guy, and why does he keep opening up old topics.

LOL @ Tom, I knew you'd falme him as soon as I read Linux = 100% secure, but questioning FreeBSD took one step over the line.
  • Hi!

Linux = 100% Secure
    Windows = 0% Secure
    FreeBSD = Who knows - I haven't seen very many FreeBSD servers on the internet lately. That MUST be because they suck. I dunno - i've never used it.

Right, Linux is has recently been found to be not very secure when it comes to HTTP Serving, especially the Apache HTTP Server. Hmm, maybe the dumbasses that did the test were like "OMFG! I don't know what a Router is!!!!" because I have yet to see some fucktard 14 yr old hack into a router. Anything behind a router (hardware firewall) is alomost impossible to hack. Apart from that, most companies have enough money to buy several machines for different tasks, for example HTTP, FTP and Samba serving. And also, some very smart person invented something called a "Backup".......they suprisingly BACKUP things.

So Backup + Multiple Servers = Shit.....Which one to hack!?! Ah, the FTP Server.....yayz it's down....mission accomplished! What? Huh? WTF? Cron is restoring everying back to its origional locations and thus rendering my stupid and petty attempt at trying to hack a Linux Server.......nooooooooooo! I am such a n00b.

a) They ran it on spare parts -> I almost garantee those spare HDDs have been hanging around in a box in the basement....yes I'm very sure that they'll work first time! Fail.
    b)They ran it on a system where they knew something didn't work and so they tried to fix a HARDWARE related problem like RAM with software.......shithead. Fail
    c)The most common: Huh? I'm sure that I set it up right......Oh well, blame it on Linux's far superior architecture and kernel instead of the shit that I've got for brains. RTFM.......properly n00b. Fail.

About c).........well, yes Linux does suck........but only because you can't use it properly......Because it's too hard......for fucks sake, I've setup IP Masquerading, ProFTPD, VSFTPD, CUPS, LPD, YTALK, SAMBA and others without problems JUST by reading the fucking manual........maybe you should try that as well......fucknut.

Hooooly Shiiiit, I almost had a fucking stroke when I read that one. Sure, Linux is 100% secure --- if you're not connected to the internet and only -YOU- use the operating system.

Just a few tidbits
    15.02.2005 : Linux Kernel 2.6.x Local Privileges Escalation Vulnerabilities
    04.04.2005 : Linux Kernel "AIO" Local Denial of Service Vulnerability
    01.04.2005 : Linux Kernel Futex Functions Local Denial Of Service Vulnerability
    18.03.2005 : Linux Kernel 2.6.x ISO9660 Filesystem Handler Vulnerability
    16.03.2005 : Linux Kernel PPP Driver Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
    16.02.2005 : Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Stack-Execution protection Bypass
    07.02.2005 : Linux Kernel 2.6.x NTFS Denial of Service Vulnerability
    20.01.2005 : Linux Kernel 2.4.x / 2.6.x coda functionality Local Vulnerabilities

AND TONS MORE! btw, fucktard, there are quite a few speculations why Linux is more popular than BSD and -NONE- of them have anything to do with BSD being inferior. You ignorant fuck.
  • Hi!

Linux = 100% Secure
    Windows = 0% Secure

Die....., and Samba is useless and a bitch to configfure properly