Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    Good.

So why are you even arguing about the P4EE?
    I just wanted to know what was so bad about it. Now that Iv'e looked into it, I see its just an overpriced POS.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    So basically he has an extremely heavy and thick laptop, with 30 minutes of battery, that cost him at least two grand.

In essence, he's got a desktop -- at sub-par performance, because it's laptop hardware.

Real smart. (y)
    Well he can visit the bathroom with his computer at least... :) and he brings it to school, I suppose.
  • Tomchu wrote:
    So basically he has an extremely heavy and thick laptop, with 30 minutes of battery, that cost him at least two grand.

In essence, he's got a desktop -- at sub-par performance, because it's laptop hardware.

Real smart. (y)
    Well he can visit the bathroom with his computer at least... :) and he brings it to school, I suppose.

Bathroom computing = :D In there battery life wouldn't matter, since there's a electrical outlet in the majority of bathrooms.
    In school though, a heavy low life battery laptop would be sort of useless, or at least annoying.

~Duff
  • Duff wrote:
    since there's a electrical outlet in the majority of bathrooms.

Unless you're here where thats illegal
  • Illegal? Hmm that seems strange. Is it because of a electricity/water hazard? Our outlets are directly beside the sink, and water can easily splash in them. But they are those GCFI or something ones with the little mini-breakers in case of a short.

~Duff
  • watrer and electricity dont mix too well, you have to have light switches with pull strings as well
  • Now you see, in the US where there's a water hazard it's just required you have GFCI outlets, and if the switches or other suchlike are at risk, you have to run the line to them though a GFCI or have the whole circuit on a GFCI breaker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GFCI

*Reads article*

*Realizes that the three "GFCIs" in post should've been something else*

-Q
  • I don't hardly EVER use the school bathroms.... They're disgusting :puke:
  • yup, used joints, cigs, smell like a drugs den, i dont think anyone uses them as toilets LOL
  • Yeah... They are always plogged....
  • Haha. My school is rumored to have the best bathrooms in the country. Everything is motion activated- toilets, sinks, urinals, even the PAPER TOWEL DISPENSER! except the soap pump... lol. It's so high tech.
  • I don't use school facilities, except to get changed, but the bathrooms are ultra clean. Everything has a fresh smell to it, motion activated sink taps, good wood/plastic stalls (not crappy hollow metal) with nice design pattern, and I've yet to see a clogged one.

~Duff
  • edited February 2005
    Q wrote:
    Now you see, in the US where there's a water hazard it's just required you have GFCI outlets, and if the switches or other suchlike are at risk, you have to run the line to them though a GFCI or have the whole circuit on a GFCI breaker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GFCI

*Reads article*

*Realizes that the three "GFCIs" in post should've been something else*

-Q

Oddly enough, a shitty company (Austin Contracting) designed this house, so only one bathroom plug has a GFCI one, and only one outdoor plug has GFCI. The 2nd bathroom and outdoor ones are just standard ones. None of our light switches have GFCIs or whatever you call them protection.

~Duff
  • I don't mind most motion activated stuff, but the sinks nearly always are designed wrong: The sensor is ABOVE the counter level, so when the water hits your hand, it runs onto the counter and gets it all wet, so it's always wet and probably ticks the janitors off royally.

-Q
  • I think our sensors are on the underside of the water dispensing neck...
  • I think our sensors are on the underside of the water dispensing neck...

Same with ours, so your hands have to be 'in' the sink to get them to activate.

~Duff
  • GOOD. ALL the otherones I've seen have them @ the base facing outwards, which leads to the aforementioned problem(s).

The BCC toilets are pretty clean and dependable. We have good janitors "(woot)"!

Duff: Here that'd get you in trouble if you ever got an inspector on it.

-Q

PS. But does "in" mean below the countertop level?
  • Q wrote:
    GOOD. ALL the otherones I've seen have them @ the base facing outwards, which leads to the aforementioned problem(s).

The BCC toilets are pretty clean and dependable. We have good janitors "(woot)"!

Duff: Here that'd get you in trouble if you ever got an inspector on it.

-Q

Well, I have the inspection sheet by Nova Scotia Power right here (it was in the breaker panel, which is in my bedroom) and everything passed.
    The inspection is dated 03/11/99 (When the house was finished being built.)

~Duff
  • Yea, but what about the State? I think in the US you have to have them inspect/certify it as being passed, but I don't know for sure.

-Q

PS. Maybe the other outlets are run off of the RCCB? That's legal and what is done in this house.
  • Ok, back to the P4 EE business... I have a P4 HT @ 2.8Ghz (not an EE). I wouldn't consider it a piece of crap, it does what I want it to quickly and quietly. The EE's aren't worth buying. If you look at their speeds, the regular p4's have already moved on, and with DDR1/2 being as fast as it is... would anyone actually notice an enhancement by having an L3? I'm not trying to bring up the AMD/Intel battle. I have not used an AMD system so I cannot and will not tell you that they are better/worse then intel. All I can say is that my 2.8 is the best system I have and I am quite happy with what it can do.
  • my sempron 2400 beats the shit outta my parents 2.6 celery. by a long way
  • Ok, well it has been aparent that the celerons with the p4 core are poorly designed. What was it again that makes the celerons suck? (isn't there something more then a reduced L2 killing the p4 core celerons preformance?) My mini has a 566Mhz celeron (P3 core) and it does things just fine. Sure I can't play games on it, or do any video editing, but for just about anything else it is a solid (and tiny) system.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I see... I agree, ... I don't think there is a big enough enhancement to buy an EE.