when will windows me be abandonware?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    he still has that computer but it is like the worst now.

yeah, it is all crappy and stuff though

the second oldest system I have is a 486

it is in my room and it has windows 3.1 I don't know the processor speed or ram but I think it has 200mb (just a little more) of hard drive space
    ________
    Richie Ginther
  • noname wrote:
    he still has that computer but it is like the worst now.

yeah, it is all crappy and stuff though

the second oldest system I have is a 486

it is in my room and it has windows 3.1 I don't know the processor speed or ram but I think it has 200mb (just a little more) of hard drive space
    It's probably a 286 or 386. If you take pictures of the mobo so that we can read some of the larger chips, we could tell you what cpu you have. 100MB isn't bad... I have an 80MB drive.....
  • edited February 2011
    well anyways my next question is the only too active (in the last 5 minutes) topics are the two I started

what is going on is it a new member greeting
    ________
    Health forums
  • It's just the way things worked. Hang around and see. After awhile you can figure out the chemistry of this place so well that if you read a topic and be able to guess how who'll respond to it.

-Q

PS. I'm not quite there yet, or there are a huge number of wildcard topics.
  • uhm... I think he meant you'll know how everyone will respond to a thread based on the topic itself. I myself think I can figure out how some more then others will respond. But... I think the rapid answering of posts is just due to chance.
  • edited February 2011
    and I am noticing you guys really love bringing topics way off-topic (or at least it starts out as something and turns into something else)
    ________
    Boulevard m50
  • Yes that it does... but eventually they go back on track, or stay off track and end that way. In fact... we are off track right now, then again there won't be anything new for this topic until me actually becomes abandonware.
  • Yea it's like IRC only slowed down: You can have multiple "conversations" going on in the same thread. Also, once the threads original purpose has been fulfilled (EG. The question answered, if the thread was originally a question) it's almost certain to float.

-Q
  • edited February 2011
    welll anyways maybe someone can make a crash log on windows me or something so I can see (instead of waiting for it to be abw)
    ________
    FERRARI F50 GT SPECIFICATIONS
  • I didn't understand that post.

-Q
  • edited February 2011
    or does such thing exist?

crash log like how many times it crashes in a certain period of time and information about the crash and stuff
    ________
    Think Mill
  • I think that that whould only give you part the story. It wouldn't tell you about the slowness, instability, and just general dirty feel of ME.

-Q
  • edited February 2011
    oh

btw everyone did you here

with Q's help on configuring my router and modem and stuff

MY WEBSERVER IS FINALLY RUNNING the first time since I got a router

test it out at http://marcusoftware.zapto.org
    ________
    Luc Donckerwolke
  • alright... so you have it set up, are you going to make a website too? Or just use it to host files?
  • edited February 2011
    I guess I will host files for now...

but when I get a REAL server instead of a p4 2.8Ghz 512mb ram 120gb hrad drive insignia, and I get upgraded internet...

I will make a website. I might just set up ftp so that Q can delete and upload new files on my server all heh wants
    ________
    VAPIR NO2 VAPORIZER
  • That's a pretty spiffy server (unless it's also your workstation).
  • edited February 2011
    it is not my worksation actually

it is my moms pc, costed $600 included with an epson cx6600, mouse, keyboard, monitor and the computer, 6 usb ports, one ethernet, 64mb graphics
    ________
    Long term care insurance advice
  • WHY IN GODS NAME WOULD YOU WANT WINDOWS ME TO BE ABANDONWARE??? IT SHOULD BE SCRAPWARE!!!!!!!

Sorry for the caps. I wanted to get my point across.
  • And yet you've NEVER said ANYTHING about Windows 1, Windows 2, Windows 3.0, Windows 95 Original, DOS 1.1, and on and on.

Sorry for being so abrasive. I wanted to get my point across.

-Q
  • Because only a hand full of people have tryed it or seen it. Windows ME everyone has seen and laughed at it. Damn thing runs slow as hell on 166MHz and sucks up memory like a whore sucking a baseball though a garden-hose.
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    WHY IN GODS NAME WOULD YOU WANT WINDOWS ME TO BE ABANDONWARE??? IT SHOULD BE SCRAPWARE!!!!!!!

Sorry for the caps. I wanted to get my point across.

Haha! Scrapware! I agree *completely*. 2000 runs just as well, if not better than ME on a PC of the same specs.
  • I've used WinME before and you know, its not really that bad...I prefer it's feel over any other 9x series OS, it didn't crash...stalled a little once in a while, that's it.

~Duff
  • noname wrote:
    I was just wondering when windows me will be abandonware. First of all it crashes the most of all versions of windows, that is what I heard I donno if it is true but I wanna find out too. Windows ME doesn't seem to get any support from Microsoft or give support to Microsoft (no one buys it anymore so Microsoft don't pay money for it)

If history has any bearing on when this becomes abandonware i'd say it
    would be in 2008.
    support will finish 2006 then extended support {critical updates}until 2008

So far thats been the case with Win95 98 + NT .
    What I find hard to beleive is it's still being sold in office works here in
    australia for $300.00 , yet can be bought on ebay for as little as $50.00
    new.
  • ... the dates for it's life and death are already known...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];LifeWin
    Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
    General Availability Date 31-Dec-2000
    Mainstream Support Retired 31-Dec-2003
    Extended Support Retired 30-Jun-2006
    See Note 17

Paid incident support is now available through 30-Jun-2006. Extended hotfix support for Windows 98 and Windows 98 Second Edition ended on 30-Jun-2003. Extended hotfix support for Windows Millennium ended on 31-Dec-2003. Online self-help support will continue to be available until at least 30-Jun-2007. For additional information on the type and length of support provided, review the Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, and Windows Millennium Support Extended Announcement Web site. Critical security updates will be provided on the Windows Update site through June 30, 2006. Microsoft will not publicly release non-critical security hotfixes for Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, or Windows Millennium Edition. However, customers may request a non-critical security hotfix through On-Demand Security Hotfix support, which is offered for these products through June 30, 2006. When a request is received, Microsoft will investigate the issue and try to provide an appropriate response to the customer.
  • OK. Lets wait for 2006 then.

BTW, what about W2000?
  • I dont 2000 will die until 2010 or something...
  • ....see the link at the top of my last post? It has the dates for EVERYTHING MS MADE.
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional 31-Mar-2000 30-Jun-2005 30-Jun-2010

And yes, 2010, long time. This date could change if any major update to 2000 occurs, but that isn't likely.
  • There's the rollup (probably around 6/30), then MS doesn't give a shit unless you bought a contract.
  • i would run windows95a windows95c or windows98se instead of me on a p2 because thats all i have i also have ms-dos and windows3x 2x and 1x i got from winworld also my win95a was from winworld :D:D:D
  • i would run windows95a windows95c or windows98se instead of me on a p2 because thats all i have i also have ms-dos and windows3x 2x and 1x i got from winworld also my win95a was from winworld :D:D:D

A P2? Use Win2k. MUCH better.