What IS the best NT?

Comments

• I have finished deciding and I'm using Windows 2000 ... Thanks!
  • On a 1GHz+ system?!
  • There guys, I fixed that fucking debug error, SMTP pass was one character too long.
  • Yeh, there's no harm in it, so I may as well.
  • Well 2000 lacks SSE/SSE2 support, etc.
  • SSE ??
  • I don't really care about this SSE support.
  • No, Win2000 supports SSE, as well as MMX
  • OK ... *doesn't have a clue what the fucking hell MMX is*
  • MMX is the multimedia processing instruction set that Intel included in certain Pentium processors and every processor fter that.
  • Oh right. I see.
  • Slash wrote:
    No, Win2000 supports SSE, as well as MMX

No.
  • do a search on ms' site .... http://search.microsoft.com/
  • Microsoft included support for SSE in its DirectX 6.1 and later video and sound drivers, which were included with Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0 (with service pack 5 or later), and Windows 2000.
  • point proven
  • Fish is probably on about SSE2
  • Well, either way, it doesn't really matter! It works fine as a server anyway! It wouldn't be usable if it desperatly needed those things anyway.
  • win2k is best.
  • win2k is best.
  • win 2k's goin up
  • for that server i would use Windows Server 2003

and about IIS, i wouldn't know cause i haven't used it before... but i have used apache and abyss, abyss was easy, appache is probably much easier once you learn the config file....... i like appache... it works fine.....
  • and I have already said that Apache is goin up
  • and i was stating my personal opinion.....
  • silence......
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2011
    Well I Also Find Linux/BSD Far More Better For Running Servers Then Windows Is.. Ive Been Using Linux For Some Time Scince 1990 Before That In The 80s I Used BSD In Uni. And I Have Loved All The Following Distro's Based On BSD. FreeBSD,OpenBSD,NetBSD All Are Powerfull Releases. As For Linux Its The Best For Running Servers If Your New In The Area.. Most Linux Distro's Have Installation Scripts. BSD Requires Little More Manuall Laybour But Is Worth It ;)

Anway Listen To Tomchu... If He Can Use BSD Then He Is Your Best Help For Setting Up A Server..
    ________
    MOTORCYCLE TIRES
  • Yeah, OpenBSD is probably the best platform for high-demand servers, with Linux following it for smaller operations.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • High-demand wasn't quite the word I was looking for...perhaps high-security, but generally if you want a good server BSD is the choice, and you have a miniscule chance of getting owned with an OpenBSD box.

No, I'm not a hypocrite. BSD is probably the best server platform out there for a lot of stuff. FreeBSD didn't really cut it for me, but OpenBSD, on the other hand, works great for what I need in a server. Linux also works excellently for what I need - light web and FTP.