JuleOS Dynamite (formally known as 'JuleOS ... um ... OS?')

2»

Comments

• Looks pretty nice for just a few days' work. Obviously a lot needs to be done, but it certainly has potential.
  • Well, I'm glad that something good's coming out of it!

I'm trying to work out why the system freezes in build 5...
  • We're on sourceforge!

Of course, there will be nothing up until we get build 5 sorted out, but we're mainly using it for documentation purposes, etc.

We're also dividing up JuleOS.co.uk into many servers...
    server1.juleos.co.uk -- juleos.brynet.cc
    server2.juleos.co.uk -- juleos.com
    server3.juleos.co.uk -- juleos-dynamite.sourceforge.net
    server4.juleos.co.uk -- original juleos.co.uk

Our sourceforge project page is:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/juleos-dynamite/
  • ooo.... I want to be a tester. Add the username "trainer4" (w/o quotes) to the members list.
  • Anyone can be a tester- everyone that uses the thing now is a tester.

It's just if you want to be a REGISTERED tester, where you're recognised in testing (see command 'devs' [hidden!]). People like Brynet and Zenithus already are recognised as testers- because they've told me, so I've shoved their name down on the list- but remember, Zenithus done extensive testing and Brynet tests them before making the images, so their testing process is exclusive!

I think I've worked out SSH on the sourceforge server, so http://juleos-dynamite.sourceforge.net/ should bring a little down time page up.

On yet another note ... I accidently done one of the IP addresses wrong for the server list, so don't visit server*.juleos.co.uk just YET.

Also, one other thing, I stayed up until 3am trying to work out a better 'feature list'. From this 'feature list', I've made build 5 include the following (so build 5 shouldn't be delayed much longer):
    - A new JMod system ('modules' or 'extensions' to the Dynamite OS, meaning its easier to update the OS- thanks to Zenithus for this idea)
    - Renamed 'Loader' and renamed 'Commander' (the JOSL and the command interpreter now have new names)

That is seriously it for build 5- we're hoping to do more in build 6...
  • Cool, I'm going to go and register on SourceForge.
  • There, add me as HurstUnLimited but only as a tester, I don't want to get into any coding here. :p
  • lol- only the master does coding :P

( I'm the master btw ... formally known as 'bleh' on the rock forum... )

People can code if they want...
  • I've added you to the testers list, Zenithus.
  • Hows this for a boot screen...
    boot_screen.jpg

:D
  • OK people, we've got a major problem.

The boot screen's being scrapped ((fail))- it just wasn't working out.

We've also got some good news.

We're migrating to NASM! (yey!) :D
  • DONT....even try...

Its a waste of time... (I would know)

We all remember K OS, the 7 KB kernel that did like nothing.

Anyway...if you deciede to write an OS, have fun, and good luck.
  • Well, you've missed your chance to say "F off and don't bother giving it a go" because we've all given it a go previously...that was on the other page...

I'm on to build 6 (apologies that its getting late...it was due out 5 days ago...) and so far...I see success...but the end of the line may be coming soon...
  • Like I said, it's not going to be able to do shit.
  • So? What's better? Actually trying to do something or telling someone that their project is going to fail miserably while you don't do shit?
  • I have moved on to thinks that actually do work and do something....PHP Scripts...

Short Story:

I wrote the worlds most insecure chat script. All you had to do was put a + in the message or the name and the whole script would like fail miserably. I fixed that, obviously.

Anyway...Ive been working on a variety of php scripts. Most simple and crappy.
  • Everyone starts off simple...and in some cases, crap.

Me and Zen have an annoying friend thats trying to learn PHP and they're just being a prat...