Windows ME. Hate it, Like it and why?

13»

Comments

• 16bit wrote:
    adragons wrote:
    Yes exactly. Many people hate it just because other people do. The OS is far from perfect, but its also far from the POS that people seem to think it is.
    My experience with ME was simply bad, I mean about the only real improvement over 98SE was the inclusion of System Restore and perhaps integrated compression support.

Beyond those two features, almost everything in ME was released for 98SE including the then new IE bundle and Media Player.

In terms of the OS stability, it was horrid, even on systems designed for ME but I believe that was more on the fact that most ME drivers were 98 drivers with modified .INIs to say it had support when it wasn't really developed and tested for ME.
    Yes, I agree ; )

Mine was bad too.... BSOD in every secound!!!!
  • Press submit only *once* :|

• Yes, sorry... : ( I was seeing many PHP errors while posting.... : (
  • YAY!!!! 400 POSTS!!!!
  • Fixed.

I occasionally get errors, so I check to see if it actually posted, since usually it does.

-Q
  • Hey Fv's back. Anyway why did so many people get Bsods in ME whilst i never even got one? 98 was the stupidest os imo.
  • It wasn't. ME was actually based on 98SE, except system restore and new icons were added to update it.
  • I know that. There is a definent increase in stability from 98 over to ME imo.
  • Nope. Only the GUI has changed-new icons and a re-arranged start menu. It is still dos-based, except the dos element is hidden, command.com is still there, though.
  • I never understood why everyone said (still says) that ME is SO horrible and unstable. My dad used to have it on his desktop and laptop. On the desktop it seemed to run nice and fast. I didn't do many complex things with it. I wouldn't say I "like" it because I prefer Win95 (and even 98SE) over ME but I definitely don't "hate" it.
  • After I actually used Windows ME, I didn't think it was any worse than any of the other 9x versions of Windows.
  • Well I had 2 systems we used me upgrade on,

My etower 533i and my moms old p2 500mh

my etower acted up with me (I was a kid and played mostly computer games)

My moms system never buged up with the me upgrade, I did hate the looks of me tho,

later when my etower died and I got my moms system, We got a video camara and I had to put me on for the movie marker app, and we had to get a fire wire card,

but I hated me loved 98se tho

posting from my p3 98se system