WinBoards on Windows 3.x

edited February 2010 in Software
0cb7m2p.png

kjmtdew.png

Comments

• Again, that was the real CSS mayhem :\

I'll post a screenie of my W3.11 VM soon..
  • Hey Duff, any chances of you bringing back the VM?
  • That is truely great. I wish I still had the old Toshiba, or IBM, or even the Sewing Machine, to relive the past.

-Q
  • I've often thought about digging up my old 486 and reliving the past, but any time I do, I'm reminded of why it's past in the first place :P
  • :( wish I still had all my stuff. I only have a 4 yr old hp dv2000 now.... at least I still have my hard drives haha....
  • I have fond memories of the past and, in a way, wish I could relive it.

To me the 486 past is:

* When I could stay up all night running MEMMAKER installing and then uninstalling DriveSpace on 6.22, and then rerunning MEMMAKER.

* Tweaking DOS 6.22 all the different ways to get any performance gain out of it.

* Playing any random shareware game that I could fit on a floppy all night.

Essentially it all comes back down to the memory I detailed previously that "we all had time then". That's why I remember it and want to go back.

-Q
  • One thing I LOVED about my old 486...

QBASIC 4.5
  • I got rid of two of my three 486's because I got tired of useless crap taking up space. I kept the one 486 because it was my second computer. My first computer is long gone.

As for old machines, besides the 486, I still have Flibble (the pentium 90 mhz that was an IRC server for DLDtk) and my old K6-2 300mhz.
  • I had forgotten that! Line numbers, REM STATIC and REM DYNAMIC, all those things I could never wrap my head around then.

-Q
  • Q -- I was digging through some old drives of mine to find the old WinWorld HTML, and I found a Fujitsu 1.2GB hard drive...
  • Duff wrote:
    RN wrote:
    Hey Duff, any chances of you bringing back the VM?

Yeah, just reuploading it now.

http://ftp.zimmy.co.uk/~a32212/Windows%203.x/WFW311_VM.7z
  • Windows 3.1, what nostalgia.
  • I still have a vast array of old machines as my latest vid of my Amstrad MegaPC proves on youtube.

But I don't use them as much now, once I get a few things rigged up agian I'll be blasting away on my old games but thats all I have them for.
  • I still have tons of old DOS games that I used to play on my old machines. They're still lots of fun to play and most of them work alright on XP / 7.
  • Ka0s wrote:
    Q -- I was digging through some old drives of mine to find the old WinWorld HTML, and I found a Fujitsu 1.2GB hard drive...

I still have your impossibly small Caviar, the Aptiva drive, a Conner 210, and those LOUD Quantums.

I do remember the old Fujitsu. We used to love those things for their silence. I also remember our passing off a SCSI one on John Petersen.

-Q