Do one thing and do it well

2»

Comments

• I didn't say Billy was a great media player and would kill Winamp, fuck I prefer Winamp greatly. I just said it's a small program for playing mp3s and it does that well, without killing resources.
    Swifto wrote:
    I use too many alternate song formats to really move away from Winamp.

Sounds like someone needs to organize their music directories.
  • UP-ON-CPU wrote:
    Sounds like someone needs to organize their music directories.
    They're organized very nicely, thank you very much.
  • Also, ircII is a nice IRC client.
  • dont shoot me...

but, I prefer iTunes 9.
  • UP-ON-CPU wrote:
    Also, ircII is a nice IRC client.

meh, irssi fan here..
  • I've actually started using finch for IRC lately, but that's not a "do one thing" program.

links is a good browser though and I've been using it super frequently lately.

twm is a nice small window manager, but I don't think many people would agree with me.
  • links? I thought you were a Chrome guy.
  • I am, when I want a graphical browser. But for forums and email, links is awesome.
  • HxD (hex editor)
    WinImage
    ConText (developer text editor)
  • Gedit is my all-purpose text editor
    I use Firefox to browse the web
  • I wish there was a browser that truly fit this ideology, soft of like the Sheep Friends programs previously mentioned have attained.

I love a lot if things about Opera, but it isn't perfect, and I would try other lightweight or simplistic browsers, except for the fact that I don't know of any major ones, and I use Opera Link quite heavily, as it works wonderfully cross-platform.

To be honest the glitch with going to the previous photo in Facebook in Opera 12 really annoys me, I hope they fix that soon. It won't let you load any photos in the large view preceding the one you clicked on.
  • Uzbl? Unlike most alternative browsers it's actually backed up with a real renderer (WebKit).
  • Looks pretty cool, might have to check it out sometime,