Old CDs

edited April 2010 in Software
I'm going through a ton of old CD-ROMs I have, most dating from the late 90s, and I'm ripping things that seem to be interesting or of some kind of value.

So far...

Applications

The Print Shop Ensemble III (Win 3.x/95)
Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia 1999
Compton's Reference Collection 1998

Games

Battleship
Jazz Jackrabbit 2
SimCity 2000 Special Edition (Win95)
Star Trek Pinball
Ultimate Yahtzee
VR Sports Powerboat Racing
School House Rock Exploration Station
Mr. Potato Head Activity Pack (lol)

I have a ton of reference disks, including Compton's 3D Digital Atlas, the Bible, Home Medical Advisor (4 disks), Bodyworks and National Geographic.

There's also like 25 old games there that I haven't even looked at yet.

Comments

• Duff wrote:
    Star Trek Pinball

Ha! I have that. Isn't that a DOS game or did they ever make a windows version? All I have is the CD itself, no jewel case.
  • My CD says Windows 95 on it, so I guess they did.
  • This picture below sums it up - higher res version here.

cxdizxf.jpg

Also can't forget these:

sm7lhfa.jpg
  • Do you have WordPerfect 7, the NT-enabled version ?
  • I may as well have a look. The majority of stuff is from the 2000's, when we got our first home computer with Windows ME, aah good times.
  • nt_5 wrote:
    Do you have WordPerfect 7, the NT-enabled version ?

do you got a copy of caldera linux?
  • I have an archive here named Corel WordPerfect 7.0 with 18 floppy images inside.

Is this what you're looking for?
  • stitch wrote:
    nt_5 wrote:
    Do you have WordPerfect 7, the NT-enabled version ?

I used to lool.
  • Oh man, I can't imagine what my collection of old CD's and floppies would be... A shame most of my stuff is in storage.
  • GET IT OUT. SEND IT TO ME.
  • By "In storage", I mean "In my dad's basement, 80 km away".
  • =(

Swiftman you make me cry.
  • I'll take any games released 2000 or earlier to put on my site.
  • Hey CoreDuo want a copy of The Dig, ? Lucas Arts adventure featuring the voice of Robert (T1000) Patrick as the main character, I have several other games but to be honest I have not sorted my collection out, some are on a shelf and the rest are in jewel cases in boxes.
  • stitch wrote:
    But of course, but of course. Please click on my www button to avail yourself to my ware page
  • Hey CoreDuo want a copy of The Dig, ? Lucas Arts adventure featuring the voice of Robert (T1000) Patrick as the main character, I have several other games but to be honest I have not sorted my collection out, some are on a shelf and the rest are in jewel cases in boxes.

You have somewhere to upload it?
  • nt_5 wrote:
    stitch wrote:
    But of course, but of course. Please click on my www button to avail yourself to my ware page
    Err, the two links for it don't work, please fix it... :)
  • Tis only rapidshares am afraid, however you could get acopy and i could share them with other people from my rapidshare links till I delete them like.
  • I could send you a crapton of old games, Coreduo.
  • FedeArg wrote:
    the two links for it don't work, please fix it...

Thanks. It seems 3 .iso disappeared. :shock: Will rectify in a day or two
  • Wait a minute I just noticed Star Trek Pinball... Is this uploaded yet? DO IT FAGGOT! DO IT.

Also SimCity200 please I love that game.
  • UP-ON-CPU wrote:
    Wait a minute I just noticed Star Trek Pinball... Is this uploaded yet? DO IT FAGGOT! DO IT.

I have it on my download mirror. I'll add it later.
  • If I knew you were a SimCity 2000 fan CPU-GUY, I would have sent you an ISO of my CD copy.
  • S'cool, i've been on an OpenTTD fix lately. Kind of the same. A little.
  • UP-ON-CPU wrote:
    Wait a minute I just noticed Star Trek Pinball... Is this uploaded yet? DO IT FAGGOT! DO IT.

http://coreduo.me.uk/index.php?id=251
    http://coreduo.me.uk/index.php?id=266
  • I remember in like 1996 when I got an IBM Aptiva, it came with this HUGE book of CDs that I would never have used.

I havent bought an OEM system in ages... Do they still do that crap?
  • No, now a days, you typically get nothing. At most you get a restore disk and that's it. Of course, this is all second hand information based on forum posts as I've not bought an OEM system since 2002.
  • My parents bought one recently and I'm pretty sure it came with nothing except AOL install icons.
  • Ka0s wrote:
    I remember in like 1996 when I got an IBM Aptiva, it came with this HUGE book of CDs that I would never have used.

I had a Gateway in 1996-97 that was the same way.
  • Ka0s wrote:
    I remember in like 1996 when I got an IBM Aptiva, it came with this HUGE book of CDs that I would never have used.

My old IBM PC750 Pentium166 also came with all that stuff. Some of it was pretty useful.