MS Development from NT to 2003

2»

Comments

• Why don't you fuck off and learn how to get along with ppl before you get fights going, hmm?

Just because someone doesn't know something does NOT give you or anyone a right to insult them.

-Q
  • Chances are you can't fill up the PCI slots with controllers. The reason for that is the they will be trying to use the same I/O and IRQ settings.

I've seen a few systems with two SCSI controllers.

Take a PC and make a bunch of 1MB partitions and see how far you can get with the drive letters. I know with linux its basicly endless for a example. A IDE hard drive with 7 partitions

hda - The drive
    hda1 - partition 1
    hda2 - partition 2
    hda3 - partition 3
    hda4 - partition41
    hda5 - partition 5
    hda6 - partition 6
    hda7 - partition 7

Say you have two or more drives.

hda1
    hdb1
    hdc1
    hdd1
    hdf1
    etc etc etc...

BTW, only 25% of servers in the world use Windows. The clients or workstations yes but not the servers.
  • Look, considering the the fact you can map drives and sub partition, I'd consider it impossible that MS hasn't found a way around that.

-Q

PS. Someday I'll install in VPC and see about that.
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    Chances are you can't fill up the PCI slots with controllers. The reason for that is the they will be trying to use the same I/O and IRQ settings.

So now you've gone from "it's impossible" to "chances are"? BTW ... it's called APIC. With APIC, you can pretty much say goodbye to resource sharing/conflicts, as it gives you bunch more IRQs and such when using a modern OS (XP, Linux >=2.4, and so on).

Anyway, about Linux ... you definitely can use more storage devices at once under it than Windows, but it probably isn't limitless either. There are major and minor numbers associated with each /dev device (ls -l in /dev and see for yourself), and those are definitely not limitless. Most I've seen in a commercial distro is hdX1 to hdX-8, and hda to hdg.
  • By the way, Q ... not knowing something is one thing (no problem there), but not knowing something and pretending you do is another. :P If only TCP wouldn't make outrageous claims before actually learning about something, I'm sure I wouldn't have a problem with the guy.

Oh yes, and I'd register if you people would unban all forms of the word "Tomchu". LOL
  • You still need to respond less trollishly, maybe with a simple "I think it's actually..."

-Q

PS. No good, you're still on probation, maybe someday.
  • "I think it's actually ..." implies I'm not sure. That's not the case.

Ah well, this isn't important.

:P
  • You know what I mean. (I think ;) )

-Q