MS Development from NT to 2003

edited May 2004 in Software
http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winserver2k3_gold1.asp

Looks interesting... shows some test labs and stuff.

EDIT: Look at MS's CD copying machine. I want one! haha...

nt_build_lab_70.jpg

Comments

• LoL, I want one too, we burns loads of edu games at my work (it is a school you know), it'd be done so much faster.

~Duff

SSH: I deleted your *bump* post, those are not permitted.
  • Bah, OK

Is that an error message on his screen? I can't really tell. It'd be pretty funny if it were a BSOD!
  • It's probly a popup asking "Please insert CD into D, E, F, G, H, I, etc etc etc..."
  • LOL.

What actually happens when you run out of drive letters? I know Linux should have no problem with the mounting to a folder name, but what about Windows with the A, B, C, D, ETC??
  • I think it goes on to AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, etc
  • Hmm... thats what I thought.

Why not use numbers. (reminds me of the Apple// with ProDOS, *catalog 1 /w* something like that :-)
  • I think AFTER ZZ, it does A1, A2, etc
  • Oh, LOL, go up to like A99999999999999999999999

think thats enough drives your ya?
  • No, I think it ends at ZZ9 or something... or Z99... Ive never really tried it.
  • font think anyone will try it.
  • Heh.... I think they have those at Tigerdirect.
  • I might get one of those... when I have money.
  • I really don't think that that's it. You have to put a disk into EVERY one of them, that's slow. I think the machine would really just run them off, and some robot would pick it up and automatically drop it in the product box, shrinkwrap it, and stick it on an assembly line conveyor.

-Q
  • Z is the last drive letter. No PC in the world can have over 36 drives. Thats counting IDE, SerialATA, SCSI and ESDI.
  • Looks like two systems to me, and if I'm correct, there is about 32 drives on each. Maybe there's more systems I can't see, or else there just big duplicators.
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    Z is the last drive letter. No PC in the world can have over 36 drives. Thats counting IDE, SerialATA, SCSI and ESDI.

I *HIGHLY* doubt that, by now MS would've figured out someway around that. If there was that restriction, how could a server running 2003 have those huge disk arrays.

-Q
  • Actually, with an array of many SCSI drives you could have PHYSICAL drives :-)

but if you pratition 10 drives with 4 partitions what will happen?
  • Q wrote:
    I really don't think that that's it. You have to put a disk into EVERY one of them, that's slow. I think the machine would really just run them off, and some robot would pick it up and automatically drop it in the product box, shrinkwrap it, and stick it on an assembly line conveyor.

At the link I believe it says its part of their test lab or something like that.
  • ....lol copying cds must be fun

ever wonder if m-$ has the fastese cd-burner around?? i mean one that cant be relased to public?
  • I don't know... wouldn't the CDs break into pieces since its going so fast?
  • Roger Ngo wrote:
    I don't know... wouldn't the CDs break into pieces since its going so fast?

http://www.powerlabs.org/cdexplode.htm

dude, if the cd was to slip in your cd rom drive, it would break.

PS: and yes, i got that off the old conforums winvision board.
    funny video tho.
  • Whoa... that was intense... 175x? Whoa....
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    Z is the last drive letter. No PC in the world can have over 36 drives. Thats counting IDE, SerialATA, SCSI and ESDI.

You know nothing. I'm sorry.

First of all, one can make as many logical partitions as they like. Your theory goes flying out the door THERE, but I'll make it even better ...

6 x PCI slots, IDE controller card in each = 6 x 4 devices = 24 devices
    2 x onboard IDE = 4 devices
    2 x SerialATA = 2 devices
    6 x USB hard drives = 6 devices
    2 x Firewire hard drives = 2 devices

That's 38 right there ... I could go on. Oh yeah, not to mention you can chain-link with Firewire ...
  • I did some asking, and found out that Windows would most likely not let you mount any after you hit Z, which probably is what happens...
  • TCPMeta wrote:

You know nothing. I'm sorry.

First of all, one can make as many logical partitions as they like. Your theory goes flying out the door THERE, but I'll make it even better ...

6 x PCI slots, IDE controller card in each = 6 x 4 devices = 24 devices
    2 x SerialATA = 2 devices
    6 x USB hard drives = 6 devices

That's 38 right there ... I could go on. Oh yeah, not to mention you can chain-link with Firewire ...

Forgot the SCSI. more like

6 x PCI slots, SCSI controller card in each = 6 x 7 devices = 42 devices
    1X onboard SCSI = 7 devices
    6 x USB hard drives = 6 devices + if you have a hub

Now that could go ut the windows if you use all the SCSI drives in an array
  • 'Dan loves mandy', I'd watch your presentation. We don't like insults like that...

-Q
  • Perhaps the dude who posted you can't should stop being so pretentious, and actually go out and learn something. :)
  • Perhaps you should think about becoming a member before you go insulting our members?
  • perhaps hes right :-)