Post your PC/Mac Collection

edited July 2011 in Hardware
I have a few PC's and I thought it would be cool if there was a thread where you could post pictures of your collection.

I figured on this type of forum many of us might have a few PCs that we wanted to post.

I will go take some pics now, I guess we'll see how this goes.

Comments

• g9449.jpg

old server 1. i have my laptop here and that's it
  • Cool...

I was in the progress of posting pics, but got distracted putting things in boxes, etc.

mayyybe tomorrow. idk.
  • I had that pic from a few months ago, I'm being very lazy myself so...
  • Okay. I got pictures of most of my PCs. There are a few upstairs that I have yet to get, but this should work for now.

Here, I put together a Dropbox album, because I have a lot of pics and I'm not done yet even. :P

Some of the pics are ok, and a lot are really crappy. Sorry, the camera I have sucks. It's supposed to be pretty crisp, but half the photos are blurry as crap. Even when "anti-blur" mode is on... and yes I've tried the auto-focus settings, and macro, etc. it's just not a great camera. so that's why some of my pics are terrible.

gdea73's PC Collection

Enjoy! :)

-gdea73
  • GDEA73 wrote:
    Okay. I got pictures of most of my PCs. There are a few upstairs that I have yet to get, but this should work for now.

Here, I put together a Dropbox album, because I have a lot of pics and I'm not done yet even. :P

Some of the pics are ok, and a lot are really crappy. Sorry, the camera I have sucks. It's supposed to be pretty crisp, but half the photos are blurry as crap. Even when "anti-blur" mode is on... and yes I've tried the auto-focus settings, and macro, etc. it's just not a great camera. so that's why some of my pics are terrible.

gdea73's PC Collection

Enjoy! :)

-gdea73

just post the images man, noone wants to clickthrough all that
  • I guess... there are a ton though...

You know, I would just post them in a list here, but the images are pretty big, and it would be a pain to re-organize them.

You don't have to "click through" all of them - I mean, you can just look at the thumbnails for all I care, or look at like 2 and then stop. Sorry but I don't have time to post like 50 pictures in one page here, and it would take forever to load anyway
  • GDEA73 wrote:
    I guess... there are a ton though...

You know, I would just post them in a list here, but the images are pretty big, and it would be a pain to re-organize them.

You don't have to "click through" all of them - I mean, you can just look at the thumbnails for all I care, or look at like 2 and then stop. Sorry but I don't have time to post like 50 pictures in one page here, and it would take forever to load anyway
    Then just post the best one of each computer? Not really that complicated.
  • Yeah, you have a point. I got carried away with the pics. Oh well, at this point I'm too lazy to spend any more time on it. I realize I could have organized it better, but eh I don't really care. Already spent way too long taking pics of every PC / Mac I have. Or almost.

I should set up that G3 iMac again, though... ;)
  • It'd take me a while to do mine, not that I have a lot but if I were to also list old machines it'd take me ages,

I may upload a few though later. Say like my 1973ish Binatone. Playing PONG :P
  • Cool, I look forward to it. :)
  • Here's what I'm working with atm.

Comp #1
    Athlon XP 2400+ 2 GHz
    768 MB DDR RAM
    80GB + 160 GB IDE
    2x 400 GB SATA
    Pioneer 16x, LiteOn Lightscribe 20x dvdrw
    Logitech wireless kb/mouse combo (spilled Mountain Dew in the mouse)
    ATI 7200 32MB PCI (either that or the S3 integrated shit)
    Logitech wired optical mouse
    Antec Sonata 2 case, Antec 450W psu
    Windows Server 2003 SP2
    Dell 17" Trinitron CRT

Gateway 600YGR (or something)
    (Laptop with a busted out LCD)
    Pentium 4-M 2 GHz
    1 GB DDR
    60GB HD
    24x cd-rw that I don't think burns anything
    ATI 7500 Mobility 64MB
    Windows XP SP3
    Some old Gateway 19" CRT
    Logitech wireless kb/mouse
    Outputs to TV too for my viewing pleasure

Got a couple differents speaker sets I use. Got these small logitech speakers that just suck if you wanna blast something. Got some old Kenwood amp and some big Fisher speakers from the 70s that are awesome. And there's some junk 5.1 system I have hook up too.

Got an old shit box too that I need to do something with too. It's a Pentium II 450 MHz with 192MB of RAM and a 10GB HD. Might try Linux on it since my laptop refuses to run anything except Windows. Won't even boot up a Linux kernel right half the time.
  • The only OLD computer I've got now is this one, all of the others were given to some friends :P

There are some photos of it, they're old, but the PC haven't been used in a while and it's in the same condition as shown:

http://www.imghost.oabw.net/img02/1283248800.jpg
    http://www.imghost.oabw.net/img02/1283276739.jpg
    http://www.imghost.oabw.net/img02/1283257630.jpg

OLD Compaq 5203:
      AMD K6-II @ 333Mhz 128Mb RAM 20GB IDE Maxtor HD Everything integrated: Sound: ESS' bullcrap (Dunno the name) LAN 10/100 Video ATi Rage 3D (Which rocks ;) 52x CD-ROM (Dunno WTF happened to the original CD/RW..) Windows 2000 Professional (Lightweight, spanish)

Then there's my new netbook and my desktop PC:

Netbook, ASUS 1201PN:
      Intel Atom N240 @ 1.66Ghz. 320GB SATA Western Digital HD Integrated Realtek 24-Bit sound Integrated nVidia ION 2 video VGA Webcam 2 USB 2.0 and one 3.0 HDMI and VGA outputs Atheros 10/100Mbps LAN AzureWave 802.1N WiFi Multi-Touch Synaptics Touchpad Windows 7 Utimate Lightweight in Spanish (Previously Starter, which lasted like 1 hour before being removed for the God's sake...) 12" HD High-Res (1366x768) LED Panel Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR

Custom Desktop PC:
      ASrock N68-S Mobo 2GB DDR2 Kingston RAM 500GB SATA 2.0 Western Digital HDD Sony IDE DVD/CD-RW Integrated Realtek 5.1 24-Bit Sound Integrated nVidia 7025 Video Wireless Genius 720 TwinTouch KB/Mouse Combo 20" Samsung 2053NW High-Res (1680x1050) LCD Windows 7 Ultimate Lightweight (Yes the same as the netbook, LOL)

And well, that's all the list, folks!
  • Cool. My custom PC now FINALLY works!!

Got the 880ga-ud3h back from Gigabyte in the mail this week - rebuilt the machine, and right now it's running Ubuntu but I am planning on using Windows 7. Actually I think the DVD just finished burning.... bye!
  • I'm picking up a couple 486 machines tomorrow, pictures to follow.
  • cools. I gots a 486/33 in my basement, think it's in my pc collection somewhere. runs win31 / dos622... but i can run that on my ipod touch now.. lol
  • Two iMacs - C2D 3.06GHz and G3 500MHz.

That's it.
  • edited January 2011
    1xIntel Pentium4 hyperthreaded
    3xHard discs 1x160gb 2x80gb
    4xddr dimm ports with 1gb ram one stick of 512 in each slot
    1xdvd rom
    3xdvd burners
    Silicon image raid card (ide)
    ATI Radon 9550 (vga-agp) cant rember what its called
    The motherboard manufacture is Lenovo(IBM)
    The case was brought sepratly (yet again i cannot spell)
    The power supply is a FSB 450w
    The case has 3 fans mounted on it one back two front.
    The cpu fan is a standard one (Will not be for long).
    The heat sink is made of copper in the centre directly above the cpu.
    The mother board is an ibm rev2.6 thinkcentre.
    The board has 4 sata ports 2 ide 1 fdd.
    The computer used to have multipul opperating systems.
    Used to run the following:

Microsoft Windows Vista lite
    Microsoft Windows Xp Professional Edition
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Pro

I would use Vista for media.
    I would use Xp for gaming.
    I would use 2000 for internet.

I can supply thousands of images of the computer
    if required.

I typed all the specs diffrent because I am ashamed of it.
    Currently i think it is a piece of shit.
  • Gaming eh?

Nothing post '04 I take it.
  • its all i can use it for now apart from building os,s.
  • noble wrote:
    i had 32 computers lying round my house. i sold most of them now iv got 3 and a half.
    2 custom built computers (one only works)
    and 1 test computer.
    current custom built computer:

X2 intel pentium4 hyper threaded both 3.0 ghz
    X4 dimm ports 2 of them have 2gb of sd ram in them
    X4 Dvd-rw-r-dl riters
    X3 barracuda lp 1000gb 2 on ide one on sata
    AMD Radeon HD 6970 Graphics card 880MHz Engine Clock
    2GB GDDR5 Memory
    1375MHz Memory Clock (5.5 Gbps GDDR5)
    176 GB/s memory bandwidth (maximum)

the computer was used as a server once but other than that has been used for gaming.

would you mind running cpuz on this system? i highly doubt this is real. especially since theres no such thing as a "dual pentium 4" motherboard.

provide some hard evidence and i'll believe you.
  • noble wrote:
    i had 32 computers lying round my house. i sold most of them now iv got 3 and a half.
    2 custom built computers (one only works)
    and 1 test computer.
    current custom built computer:

X2 intel pentium4 hyper threaded both 3.0 ghz
    X4 dimm ports 2 of them have 2gb of sd ram in them
    X4 Dvd-rw-r-dl riters
    X3 barracuda lp 1000gb 2 on ide one on sata
    AMD Radeon HD 6970 Graphics card 880MHz Engine Clock
    2GB GDDR5 Memory
    1375MHz Memory Clock (5.5 Gbps GDDR5)
    176 GB/s memory bandwidth (maximum)

the computer was used as a server once but other than that has been used for gaming.

OK let's take this one step at a time.

1. "X2 Intel Pentium 4 Hyperthreaded both 3.0GHz"

Now, this could mean more than one thing. It could mean that you're seeing the hyperthreading in the Windows Task Manager as 2 CPUs. It could also mean that you have a Pentium D. Clarification would be nice in this area, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.

2. "X4 dimm ports 2 of them have 2gb of sd ram in them"

It would be nice to know what kind of SDRAM is in play here. Since DDR technically is "DDR SDRAM" again, I could be arguing semantics here. Assuming #5 is true, it would have to be DDR2.

3. "X4 Dvd-rw-r-dl riters"

Yes, it's possible. But why? I'm interested to know.

4. "X3 barracuda lp 1000gb 2 on ide one on sata"

This is where it starts to get really sketchy. I believe Maxtor was the last one to make high capacity IDE drives. Those only went up to 500GB. There were never any IDE 1TB drives. Ever. Does this mean that you have 2 other IDE drives in your computer that you did not list in detail and that there's only 1x1TB drive, which is the SATA one?

5. "AMD Radeon HD 6970 Graphics card 880MHz Engine Clock "

This is where I have to ask the most questions. For #1 to be true, it would have to be a newer Socket 775 Pentium 4. To my knowledge, there was no boards with PCI-Express on Socket 478 due to architectural limitations. For that to be true I would like the clarification on #2. The next thing I wonder, is if you still have a Pentium 4, why did you get this? If you have both this and a Pentium 4, you are now bottlenecking any potential gaming performance the video card has to offer by combining it with the Pentium 4. Plus with the cost of this being about $300-400, why did you not get a new processor instead? Keeping the Socket 775 mindset, you could get a Core 2 Quad for that money.

And now to ka0s' request of photos or CPU-Z/GPU-Z screenshots of this machine. That would clear much of the confusion here.

I'm not trying to be (too much of) an asshole, but it just seems like a very odd jumble of parts. This is a forum with many people that have a high technical expertise and it was bound to be picked apart. If need be, we can even help you with a reasonable upgrade path from what you've got.
  • CoreDuo wrote:

Now, this could mean more than one thing. It could mean that you're seeing the hyperthreading in the Windows Task Manager as 2 CPUs. It could also mean that you have a Pentium D. Clarification would be nice in this area, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.

I was going to suggest maybe he was mistaking a Xeon for a Pentium 4... but your theory sounds more plausible.
    CoreDuo wrote:

This is where I have to ask the most questions. For #1 to be true, it would have to be a newer Socket 775 Pentium 4. To my knowledge, there was no boards with PCI-Express on Socket 478 due to architectural limitations. For that to be true I would like the clarification on #2. The next thing I wonder, is if you still have a Pentium 4, why did you get this? If you have both this and a Pentium 4, you are now bottlenecking any potential gaming performance the video card has to offer by combining it with the Pentium 4. Plus with the cost of this being about $300-400, why did you not get a new processor instead? Keeping the Socket 775 mindset, you could get a Core 2 Quad for that money.

Now this one doesn't seem as sketchy to me. Maybe he got the card on sale or free from someone and he plans to upgrade the board later? Also, his chipset may not support Core processors. So maybe upgrading the CPU wasn't an option (that's the boat I'm in with my board, which is why I'm getting a new board. Also because I intend to move to AMD).
  • BlueSun wrote:
    CoreDuo wrote:

I was going to suggest maybe he was mistaking a Xeon for a Pentium 4... but your theory sounds more plausible.
    CoreDuo wrote:

Now this one doesn't seem as sketchy to me. Maybe he got the card on sale or free from someone and he plans to upgrade the board later? Also, his chipset may not support Core processors. So maybe upgrading the CPU wasn't an option (that's the boat I'm in with my board, which is why I'm getting a new board. Also because I intend to move to AMD).

lets just wait for the cpuz / wcpuid / timestamped pictures...
    ...i bet they;ll never arrive ;)
  • BlueSun wrote:

Getting the card free seems slightly unlikely as the card was only released a month ago or so. I'm not sure I know any parents that buy computer parts for their kids without either knowing what's inside the computer (for the technically aware) and if it's a good idea or not, or without prior notification by our owner here, who seems to know what's in there. The motherboard make/model would also be nice to know because i'm aware there are 533FSB boards with PCIe that didn't support the 800FSB required for later Core processors. There were also boards that supported both 533 and 800FSB. NVIDIA nForce boards are the only popular ones that did that to my knowledge. Either way it still remains a little bit odd to me.

Also about the Xeon thing, we'd talked about that on IRC but it didn't seem quite as likely of a scenario so I didn't put it in the post.
  • This guy sounds like a gamer. For this senerio you would need a server board.

Dual socket server boards usually either A) will just outright not run with P4's installed or B) will only accept one of them. Not only that, but if this was a dual socket board, you would have WAY more than two sdram slots per CPU. You would also need DDR2 RAM which I have never heard anyone (and I have delt with a lot of people in life) refer to it as "sdram". Your options here for an acceptable board would be supermicro, and I dont see why anyone would spend supermicro money to get very little added benifit.

Dual CPU for gaming is absolutely useless. If a gamer was to drop down on a motherboard they'd probably want one that supports SLI/crossfire, and the expensive supermicro board i just bought does not.

Also, IDE 1TB trollolololololololol.

And whatever else people said before me....

ADD: Id also like to hear about these operating systems your designing (per your profile), remember you're talking to someone who's not a stranger to the linux kernel here, at all =)
  • my motherboard make is lenovo(ibm)
    i stand corrected with the
    the hdds one is sata and the other 2 are also sata but i have a sata-ide adapter thingy(cannot rember what its called). the ram is ddr i accidently misplaced ddr with sd. i cannot take a photo of the computer in the current state its in. i am in process of replacing damaged hard drive(i tryed installing one of the betas and it fucked up when setting up the disc. i also have moved one of the dvd drives over into another.
    the motherbord does not accept the graphics card and prefres to use the onboard vga.(the graphics card is just sitting round. i tryed 2 other graphics cards but bouth failed. i switch between mother boards quite often. i have one ibm rev2.6. and another lenovo. i also have 2 others wich are gigabyte.
    please note that i do not have as much knowledge on computer technicalitys as you guys. i am still learning.
  • So if you don't have as much knowledge how are you designing operating systems?
  • well with the linx part im starting with lfs
  • im also doing a home kit win98.
    it runs quiet well. all the 98 thing is is added files,drivers,and some updated components. its faster than most windows products
  • Thats........ not designing an OS at all :<

Thats called a "hackjob"