random crap... want it?

edited December 2011 in Software
I got to clear out a room full of old PCs and loot/take whatever looked interesting/useful...

the harvest from the actual PCs was nice, bunch of P3s, and some newer stuff too. Lots of older LCD panels. I also got 2 white MacBooks, one with a cracked screen, but still... and an orange clamshell iBook. Found a few P3 chips at the bottom of a box of cords and components, bent pins though :(

Anyway, I got a bunch of old software. The best of it, you already have here... Win95B,C, Win98 Plus or sth, Win98FE/SE... I did find Microsoft Visual FoxPro, still in the shrink wrap - but I can shell it open and upload it. um, what else, Adobe PhotoDeluxe 2.0/3.0 for Mac/Win, with serial, Office Pro '95 and Standard '97.

too lazy to go through the whole stack right now but I'll eventually post the rest of it. Would any of the aforementioned stuff be worth uploadation? lol

Comments

• Does that iBook have a charger?
  • i want a macbook, that iBook G3, Adobe PhotoDeluxe 3.0

Microsoft Visual FoxPro seems cool aswell

if you don't want to much for it and it costs to much to send it to Sweden :p
  • AFAIK he's only offering software. You'd have to be insane to give away a working iBook and/or MacBook when you can sell them for a ridiculous price on eBay. OTOH, if by chance I'm wrong, a certain WinWorld administrator wouldn't mind a MacBook ;).

My interpretation of the post was "look at this cool stuff I came across to add to my collection along with some software WinWorld might want".

Personally I've done the clear out a room thing several times, always fun, especially when you find good loot.
  • talking about that i have some things i want to get rid of :p

Prince of Persia 2 for the mac on 6 floppies
    Myth 2 (CDROM) for the Mac and Windows 95-98
    Advanced Dungeon & Dragons for Atari ST on 4 floppies
    GTA Liberty City Stories for the PSP
    Beyblade, Virtual Pool, F1'98 for PSX
    Tekken 3-PARADOX for the PSX
    Office 98,SFPD Homicide and IBM Worldbook for Mac OS 9
    Multimedia Greetings, 3D Atlas 98 and Labels Unlimited for Windows 95-2000 and 2 old CDs from swedish pc magazines

any offers?
  • lol yes, Duff interpreted right, I meant the software - just bragging about the Apples ;)

the Clamshell is in nice condition, missing S and D keys (the D key's silicon piece is missing too :( ), but other than that fine. But I didn't get the charger so no way of testing it.

As for the MacBooks, I have 2 laptops, 1 (dead) battery, 1 charger. And one of them has a really messed up display, the other one won't power on but has a nice display. The one with the cracked screen is fine otherwise. Don't have time to swap the screens atm, but eventually might.

lol *anyway*, I will upload some of the software, starting with VFP and PhotoDeluxe 3. I found like 8 copies of PhotoDeluxe lol. I also got a bunch of win95 cds, but on the web, only one copy is needed. (Btw, Win95 "with USB support", is that OSR2.0 or 2.5?)
  • Found what I thought was Office '95 Pro. Unfortunately I've got the CD case, but only Disc 1 :(

I assume you've already got 95 Pro anyway, but if you want the CD key, here you go ;)

425-0894786

there's also a sticker on it that says 269-056-001, FWIW.
  • oh - found IntelliType & IntelliPoint Win/Mac. Is that useful or just drivers for a Microsoft keyb/mouse? Don't know if there's a key, but it says X12-70711-01 on the back ;)

edit: ooh, partitionmagic. Looks quite old, but semi-useful. Making ISO now.
  • i have been trying to find IntelliPoint for my PPC mac last month so that i want :) also do you send the other stuff to Sweden or you want to sell it?
  • haha sorry, not sending it to Sweden. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, likely sell it. Can't tell for sure...

most of it was just random peripheral stuff, which I could use myself. Bunch of network cables :D needed those, except most are missing the clip, which drives me insane sometimes :(

and really, other than the shiny Apple products, shipping to Sweden would cost more than the net worth ;)

but I'll upload an ISO of the IntelliPoint software to stitch's FTP sometime soon. Already uploaded PhotoDeluxe, and FoxPro. Oh yeah, and PartitionMagic for Windows 3.1x/95, also works on OS/2. that might be useful, so I uploaded it.
  • GDEA73 wrote:
    Bunch of network cables :D needed those, except most are missing the clip, which drives me insane sometimes :(

Buy a box of 8P8C connectors, a crimper, and a stripper. It's a relatively small investment and you can avoid buying / obtaining an entirely new cable just because the clip is broken.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    GDEA73 wrote:
    Bunch of network cables :D needed those, except most are missing the clip, which drives me insane sometimes :(

Buy a box of 8P8C connectors, a crimper, and a stripper. It's a relatively small investment and you can avoid buying / obtaining an entirely new cable just because the clip is broken.

connectors: $13 on amazon

crimp tool $15 on newegg
  • thanks for the idea, bluesun, and links, stitch

that makes sense, I would do it if/when I have the time, which right now I don't... :/

and I guess, while it bothers me, I didn't mean that I toss the ones without clips... I just use them last, lol. (I mean really, I could just tape them so they don't fall out of the router port, hehe.)
  • MS Win32 Preliminary SDK for Windows NT?
    it's on one 3.5 disk... would it be useful here?
  • GDEA73 wrote:
    MS Win32 Preliminary SDK for Windows NT?
    it's on one 3.5 disk... would it be useful here?

Yah, go ahead and upload. One of these days I'll sort though everything! I promise!
  • Sweet - I will when I get the chance. If it's OK I'll maybe post a log of what I sent to the ftp in the OP, which I can edit as necessary.

I haven't even gotten to look through everything I took, in terms of floppies and CDs. I was going to have a "for WinWorld" box, but it kind of got mixed with the "for software museum" box, and the "for home" box, etc. lol.

so I'll update what's been sent in the OP.
  • GDEA73 wrote:
    I got to clear out a room full of old PCs and loot/take whatever looked interesting/useful...

the harvest from the actual PCs was nice, bunch of P3s, and some newer stuff too. Lots of older LCD panels. I also got 2 white MacBooks, one with a cracked screen, but still... and an orange clamshell iBook. Found a few P3 chips at the bottom of a box of cords and components, bent pins though :(

Anyway, I got a bunch of old software. The best of it, you already have here... Win95B,C, Win98 Plus or sth, Win98FE/SE... I did find Microsoft Visual FoxPro, still in the shrink wrap - but I can shell it open and upload it. um, what else, Adobe PhotoDeluxe 2.0/3.0 for Mac/Win, with serial, Office Pro '95 and Standard '97.

too lazy to go through the whole stack right now but I'll eventually post the rest of it. Would any of the aforementioned stuff be worth uploadation? lol

So, I'm working on uploading some potentially useful abandonware. The official list of what's been uploaded:

[√] Visual FoxPro for Windows 95 (likely VFP 1.0. Doesn't include ver#)
    [√] Adobe PhotoDeluxe 3
    [ ] Microsoft IntelliPoint (drivers?) - will get around to it soon
    [√] Partition Magic for Windows 3.1, 95, and OS/2. I thought this could be useful, esp. for drive cloning, partitioning, etc. on an old PC. I guess, other than a bootable partition editor.
    [ ] Win32 Preliminary SDK for Windows NT - looked special, lol. Will u/l soon. Single 3.5" floppy.
    [ ] MS-DOS 5.0, 6.0 + Advanced Tools - unfortunately I might be missing a few floppies
    [ ] MPC Deluxe Tune-Up or something for Win9x. Made me laugh. Maybe will upload.
    [ ] Quicken Deluxe 6?