New Keyboard

edited December 2011 in Hardware
A school near me was selling computer stuff so got a new sealed boxed keyboard for 0.5USD

http://i42.tinypic.com/kov2x.jpg forgot to take unsealing pictures however nice stuff this Logitech Internet Keyboard 350 :>

Comments

• nice ;)

I don't need really fancy looking or expensive keyboards, and I use wired ones all the time unless the PC is connected via HDMI to an HDTV.

I like keyboards for their function, but don't mind used ones as long as they're clean(-able), with all the keys on them.

With wireless ones, I am actually less picky about their typing feel, which is usually worse. I just want one that has more than two feet of range, which I have yet to find for under $40. lol.

My favorite keyboards are preferably ones with a good feel and a good clicky sound. I like old PS/2 ones a lot. I absolutely can't stand it when the backslash key is where the right-bracket would be and the enter key is shaped like a backwards "L"; almost as much as I can't stand mice without scrollwheels.

The keyboard I like the most, and have used a lot, is my laptop's keyboard (Dell Inspiron 5000). It's an old, heavy laptop, but I love it and the keyboard is awesome. ThinkPads have nice ones too.
  • trl.png

only keyboard i use :>
  • GDEA73 wrote:
    ThinkPads have nice ones too.

ThinkPad keyboards are awesome. Even the modern Lenovo ThinkPads have awesome keyboards.
  • I picked up Das Keyboard Ultimate a couple of years ago and it's probably my favorite keyboard I've owned. The typing feel is great and the blank keys have helped me improve my typing speed. It's a bit pricey but it's one of the cheaper keyboards available that hits all of those points. I also, as a consequence, pound the hell out of the generic Dell keyboards we have at work :D

I'd have bought a Model M but I use the Windows key way too much to give that up.

That said, I also own a ThinkPad T400 and quite like the keyboard. It's in a completely different category but it's rather pleasurable.
  • nightice wrote:
    I'd have bought a Model M but I use the Windows key way too much to give that up.

You could always get this instead: http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/customizer.html
  • What a captivating thread.