Pandigital Star tablet

edited January 2012 in Hardware
I got a pandigital tablet for Christmas. it's running android 2.2 and i like to know where or how to updated to android 2.3 so i can run newer apps like facebook ect. pandigital does not have a upgrade and i found sites that have android 2.3 and higher but they where made for cell phones. i put the google market on there. since facebook and touch and few other apps i use on my cell phone require android 2.3 and up. pandigital just started to make these tablets last summer they put android 2.2 so they where cheaper. is there even a place that i can download the apps and try to install them myself. thanks for the help i can get and happy new year to everyone at win world.

Comments

• You could see if Cyanogenmod supports it, otherwise you'll probably need to roll your own firmware (no easy task at all)
  • You would probably have better luck at XDA.
  • stitch wrote:
    You could see if Cyanogenmod supports it, otherwise you'll probably need to roll your own firmware (no easy task at all)

Cyanogenmod ftw just installed that on the ZTE Skate i got for xmas :>
  • i was on Cyanogenmod web site and they don't have my tablet listed. I don't know what version would work on my tablet. I found few sites that had android version 2.3 on it and download it and tried to install it but it would get thought have way verifying it and say there was a error verifying the file. So right now i am at a stand still.
  • Like I said, search around on XDA. Even if CyanogenMod doesn't support the tablet, there might be something that does. XDA has the advantage of being probably the largest Android ROM forum online, so there's probably some information there about your device.
  • i did go on XDA and CyanogenMod both of them don't support my tablet. i ask the same question on both sites and no one as answer me yet and its been a few days not. even a rom manger doesn't support my tablet. the company that made mine seems to be to small. they just started making android tablets last year and before that all they made was e-readers. thanks for the help.
  • i did go on XDA and CyanogenMod both of them don't support my tablet. i ask the same question on both sites and no one as answer me yet and its been a few days not. even a rom manger doesn't support my tablet. the company that made mine seems to be to small. they just started making android tablets last year and before that all they made was e-readers. thanks for the help.

i got some tips from the http://www.modaco.com/ guys for my device, just a tip about another place to ask :p