[REQUEST] Japanese Abandonware

Not sure what my chances are, but thought it never hurts to ask. Apart from operating systems, I'm finding Japanese abandonware/software in general quite challenging to find, and haven't seen an abandonware site towards Japanese users apart from themselves showing how to run Windows 3.x/9x in a VM. Searching Google in the Japanese language hasn't helped either. I'd be curious to find abandonware that was developed by their local companies targeting the Japanese market.

Anyway, not requesting specifics really but software along the lines of Office 4.x/95, Visual Basic 4, and perhaps Paint Shop Pro for example would be appreciated as a starting point. Some of this might be on a MSDN/Microsoft Select CD somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• thinkpadman?

Did you looked on the Winworld site? There's a lot japanise abandonware. The big jackpot is Windows 3.2(!) Japanise. Hope I've helped :D:D !

-JasoNMas73R
  • thinkpadman?

Did you looked on the Winworld site? There's a lot japanise abandonware. The big jackpot is Windows 3.2(!) Japanise. Hope I've helped :D:D !

-JasoNMas73R

Windows 3.2? I think that's a typo. The last version of the old style of Windows was 3.1 (or 3.11 if you count Windows for Workgroups). Maybe you confused 3.11 with the II roman numeral 2, or you accidentally hit a 2 instead of a 1?
  • Is it too much to ask for people to research their posts?

Yes, 3.2 existed. No, it was not available in anything but Chinese.