WinWorldPC main page is broken?

edited December 2014 in Site Issues
Hello,

When trying to load main page (https://winworldpc.com) it gives the following error message (On Chrome. IE works fine):
I tested on a different location (server) and it's fine. But not here from home PC
framework error Could not query the database.

Duplicate entry '\x91\x818hmf\x11\xE4\xB1KT\x04\xA6\xF1x\x93' for key 'PRIMARY'
Any idea?

Comments

• Firefox loads it fine for me
  • Yeh. I already checked from a server. Both browsers work fine.

It's apparently regarding a session ID, or some sort of that.
  • This is a race condition that occurs when the session table gets *extremely* large. The original code to ensure this does not happen is extremely underpreforming when the table gets large and this was something I had not really learned well until the site went live.

MariaDB [(none)]> select count(*) from winworld.Sessions;
    +
    +
    | count(*) |
    +
    +
    | 105778 |
    +
    +
    1 row in set (0.03 sec)

I cleared out the table unfortunately I did not think correctly and accidently removed the logged in sessions too. If you have issues please clear cookies and try again.

There is a fix for this however it's more complicated and relies upon several other changes I have made to the underlying framework on the development copy - a backport to the live site would be far too involved and is not something I wish to attempt and possibly break something.
  • I had wondered about this actually. It only happens to me when I access the site from my Sony Xperia phone using Chrome, but not all the time. As the site always works for me on the PCs at home, I thought maybe phpBB doesn't get along well with mobile devices.
  • The site does not really use anything from phpBB aside from pulling in prior registrations and listing forum articles on the homepage. It's otherwise it's own entity with it's own user DB and sessions.
  • It's working fine now stitch. Thank you!
  • This is another problem on Firefox only.

When I click Upload Now (contribution) on Library, Login screen appears suddenly.

I don't know why.
    So I'm connecting on IE or Chrome.
  • ibmpc5150 wrote:
    This is another problem on Firefox only.

When I click Upload Now (contribution) on Library, Login screen appears suddenly.

I don't know why.

Clear your cookies. A stale session ID is stashed in it.
  • stitch wrote:
    ibmpc5150 wrote:
    This is another problem on Firefox only.

I don't know why.

Clear your cookies. A stale session ID is stashed in it.

It works! Thanks!