Sharp Mebius PC-NJ70B Netbook

edited May 2015 in Hardware
I just pulled out my netbook and thought I'd share a few pics. It's a Sharp Mebius which is fairly well known within Japan, though very little exposure in Western markets if at all.
This one was purchased in Akhihabara (Electric Town) in Tokyo maybe 4 years ago when there was plenty of netbooks to choose from, though this one stood out. It was on sale for 33,000 yen or around $350. I tend to use it when I travel so it doesn't get used that much in between.

Specs it comes with were an an Intel Atom N270 1.6Ghz, 1GB RAM, 160GB Fujitsu SATA disk drive, Intel 945 Express graphics, and webcam preloaded with Windows 7 Starter. Since then I've doubled the RAM to 2GB, and upgraded to Home Premium edition. Performance wise it's nothing special, a SSD would help as there isn't really other options.

The point of interest I'd thought I'd share is the trackpad which is actually a touch screen. It can be used independently or together with the main display. I haven't seen laptops at any price range back home with such a feature. For use with the touch screen there is a stylus pen that can be pulled out from the side of the laptop.

The laptop itself (GoPut.It decided to rotate the image):
l_bt3_jpg.jpg

The touch screen itself. The background can be customised with a different picture, show calendar and clock etc. The middle button activates the menu:
l_jfx_jpg.jpg

The menu in action:
l_nwg_jpg.jpg

Insert a memory card and view photos directly as a slide show:
l_us9_jpg.jpg

Do some scribble:
l_kha_jpg.jpg

Play piano:
l_hsp_jpg.jpg

Play ten pin. The ball synchronises between screens when rolling down the alley:
l_ppw_jpg.jpg

Hit the snow:
l_rh8_jpg.jpg

Golf:
l_dlr_jpg.jpg

Go straight to one of your Internet favourites:
l_0j5_jpg.jpg

Various reference material:
l_a4s_jpg.jpg

There's other stuff but I'm sure you get the idea.

Comments