Microsoft Word 6.0

edited September 2015 in Software
On someone's hard rubbish pile I found the box to Microsoft Word 6.0. Inside were 9 floppy disks, 2 instruction manuals (with 850 and 200 pages respectively) and some papers. Except for the box, they were all in good nick. I was able to successfully install the software on my Windows XP laptop without hassles.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this software, it's value, or if I could upload it to WinWorld? :D

Comments

• I forgot to add that I also found three Windows 98 discs; a first edition, a second edition upgrade, and a second edition disc for computers without Windows.
    Didn't have the case though...
  • Word 6 is in the library, and was the most popular word processor when it came out. You're lucky that you have the manuals though!

Also in the library is a 32-bit version, to bypass 16-bit limitations.
  • I had a complete copy myself of Word 6.0 - ended up selling on eBay for around $50 including postage earlier this year. For a while I started collecting the retail copies of the individual Office family apps, but decided not to later on. Takes up too much space and so have kept it to just the Office packages.

I remember the version well in its heyday, was very successful on Windows 3.1 but not as much on the Mac. I had it on my Win 95 machine until Office 97 was released. Even at the old age of 11, I didn't think Office 95 was worthwhile at the time from Office 4.3.

Not a bad find from hard rubbish. Never had any success finding software. The Win 98 CDs are possibly worthwhile on eBay if you are inclined. It's a popular OS choice for people fixing up Pentium 2s for vintage gaming and so forth.

It would be nice to have these manuals in a PDF format.
  • Lurk around that rubbish pile, you might find some more gems :D
  • I had a complete copy myself of Word 6.0 - ended up selling on eBay for around $50 including postage earlier this year. For a while I started collecting the retail copies of the individual Office family apps, but decided not to later on. Takes up too much space and so have kept it to just the Office packages.

I remember the version well in its heyday, was very successful on Windows 3.1 but not as much on the Mac. I had it on my Win 95 machine until Office 97 was released. Even at the old age of 11, I didn't think Office 95 was worthwhile at the time from Office 4.3.

Not a bad find from hard rubbish. Never had any success finding software. The Win 98 CDs are possibly worthwhile on eBay if you are inclined. It's a popular OS choice for people fixing up Pentium 2s for vintage gaming and so forth.

It would be nice to have these manuals in a PDF format.

That's a good idea, but I don't have a printer at home and I wouldn't have access to a scanner long enough to scan 1000 pages of instructions :P
  • Lurk around that rubbish pile, you might find some more gems :D

I made sure to have a very good look, but unfortunately that pile (like all the other piles in the area) have been picked up yesterday and taken to the landfill :(
    Guess I'll have to wait until next year!