3d program Imagine 3.0 downloaded but I can't get it to run

edited September 2015 in Software
It's probably just my ignorance, but I'm trying to run this program. I owned it, but can only find 2.0, although I had this 3.0 version once upon a time! I even have a manual for it. My download was extracted with 7zip - I've never used it before... I can find the Imagine exe. but it doesn't run. When I try to burn the disc image to a dvd, it says " the selected disc image isn't valid." Maybe a 7z is for an apple mac version? I had the pc version, running on windows 7 now. Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• In simple terms, 7Z files are like ZIP files. If you have 7Zip or WinZip installed, you should be able to open it and extract the file.
    The file inside which is a IMG file, is a 3.5" floppy disk image. To see the files inside the disk image, it helps to have a program such as WinImage, MagicISO, or PowerISO as examples. They are not some file that you just point to a blank DVD to burn onto.

If your PC is running Windows 7 64-bit, it won't run. Either run on an old PC running DOS, a DOS virtual machine, or a machine running 32-bit Windows. If you run a virtual machine, the software is able to open the IMG file directly as though it was a real floppy disk.
  • Thanks for your response and information! I now know that my version 3.0 was for my Amiga computers, which I no-longer have /-;