9 days until Ubuntu 15.10!

edited October 2015 in Software
I'm so excited! How about you?

Comments

• The last Ubuntu version I used, that I liked was 9.04.

The only linux distro that I use is Slackware.
  • dosbox wrote:
    The last Ubuntu version I used, that I liked was 9.04.

The only linux distro that I use is Slackware.
    9.04 is a lot of people's favorite. Mine's 12.04.5
  • I could care less, I don't know what are the new features are. I just hope that I don't have to do a major upgrade with my elementary OS 0.3.1 Freya (32-bit) OS.. Which is based on Ubuntu 14.04...
  • DallasCHVN please start using the proper categories for things. We have a software forum for this.

Moving.
  • I couldn't care less. What's so new that it requires a new topic?
  • So uh, yeah...

14 days until Fedora 23

Did I do it right?
  • I stopped caring about Ubuntu when they fucked up their user interface.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    I stopped caring about Ubuntu when they fucked up their user interface.
    Finally someone!

Can't wait for Debian stretch, though Jessie came out last month. Problem is, Ubuntu got bloated to heck after 12, but you can still disable most of it.
    I do feel the excitement- just about everyone at my workplace is hyped, and almost all of them keep trying to convert me to Ubuntu. Still not successful.
    Reminds me of Rick Springfield...
  • I usually only use the LTS versions. So I won't upgrade until 16.04. It's been my experience that the non-LTS versions are crap.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    I usually only use the LTS versions. So I won't upgrade until 16.04. It's been my experience that the non-LTS versions are crap.
    True, but it's sort of a cool sneak peek of the next LTS
  • Could care less of a Debian fork. Now when the new Debian Stretch release comes out of unstable I'll be happy.
  • That's funny... I've only started using Ubuntu on a virtual machine recently, and it's 12.04 I'm currently using (I had 14.04 but I had issues with a "login loop" in it). So far, it seems good even if it's an older version I'm using (and at least it's still supported until another two years) and I may upgrade to the new version if I know for sure there'll be no problems with it.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    I stopped caring about Ubuntu when they fucked up their user interface.

I have to agree with you there.
    TCPMeta wrote:
    Could care less of a Debian fork. Now when the new Debian Stretch release comes out of unstable I'll be happy.

I can't stand Debian. They fucked themselves by going against their basic philosophy and added systemd to their distro. Also, Debian Stable gets old very quickly.

I think Slackware will remain to be my favorite distro for long time.
  • Jesus, systemd isn't that bad. I'm not a fan, (I prefer rc) but it worked for me, and the only problem I had with it was fixing someone's shitty unit file.

Also, Unity is pretty good as well.
  • Don't mind, unless there is LTS release out there. Just i'm lazy to maintain the OS itself... :D