So Apple did somthing retarded

edited January 2016 in Hardware
(Yes I know this might be one of my shittier, less though out posts. :| )

Apple did something retarded with their $1,000 bricks. Well technically the change hasn't been made yet, due it being for a future device.
Yeah we get it, you hate apple, what do you think they did that was retarded? BTW, I can't wait for them to release their iButtPlug, because everything made by apple is amazing.

They removed the audio jack for the iphone 7! Since I'm not an iphone user anyways, this doesn't affect me but I still think it is a pretty stupid move.

What do you think?

Comments

• It's a rumour, and it's been floated around for several generations of iPhone already.

Also, stop talking like it's Slashdot circa 2003.
  • I'm not sure it's on the "let's remove the start button" level of stupid, but it's not too far off.

I doubt it's going to hurt sales much at all. I think at this point, Apple users are used to needing an adapter dongle of some sort to connect to pretty much anything. Besides which, how often do you really use the headphone jack anyway? A lot of people opt for bluetooth headphones and the like.

Personally, I never use the headphone jack on my phone. I don't want to see it go away, but not having it would have very little impact on how I use my phone.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    I'm not sure it's on the "let's remove the start button" level of stupid, but it's not too far off.

I doubt it's going to hurt sales much at all. I think at this point, Apple users are used to needing an adapter dongle of some sort to connect to pretty much anything. Besides which, how often do you really use the headphone jack anyway? A lot of people opt for bluetooth headphones and the like.

Personally, I never use the headphone jack on my phone. I don't want to see it go away, but not having it would have very little impact on how I use my phone.

I agree fully. I can imagine Apple doing it to maybe help make the phone slimmer or give them an even bigger profit margin, but I personally don't use the headphone jack on my phone and I wouldn't really care too much if a phone didn't have one.

I can picture them making a lighting to headphone jack after they remove the feature from the phone for the people who absolutely want one, though I can also picture them charging something crazy like $60 for it.
  • It is a brilliant move. Now iHoles will pay $120 for a lightning to headphone jack adapter!
  • edited December 2015
    Sounds like tried the ways as older Nokia and some older Sony Ericsson Walkman phone did in the past to make their proprietary jack and they sell their headset/headphone accessories with raised price? I see Apple directions into bit uncertain since founding father was gone, seems forcing consumers to spend more for their product than inventing more innovations? Well, let's see what they will do in the next iPhone 7.

Even they make their own jack models, I believe that imitators might make jack adaptor to able output into generic headphone jack :lol:
  • That's a rumour, could happen, could not happen. No parts for the suggested iPhone 7 have been leaked yet so it's not possible to know for sure. Although, if that happens, that would be INCREDIBLY stupid.

On another note, if there's one thing Apple did that is retarded, it's this.
  • So Apple did somthing retarded
    They do non-retarded things? ;)
  • garirry wrote:
    On another note, if there's one thing Apple did that is retarded, it's this.

I didn't even know that existed. It doesn't really look like that bad of an idea, but I think it would of been smarter to just integrate a bigger battery into the phone at the expense of making the phone a little thicker. They could of done with that case is put in a battery that spans the entire back so you don't have a hump at the very least, but meh.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    I'm not sure it's on the "let's remove the start button" level of stupid, but it's not too far off.

I disagree with you. I use the headphone jacket every single day. And i rarely see people use bluetooth headsets for their phones. :shock:
  • Ummm...

This is just a rumor. They may or may not do this. I use a headphone jack a lot, but I don't have an iPhone, or any mobile phone for that matter. Landlines FTW!

At least they haven't removed the jack from the Mac.
  • Ummm...

This is just a rumor. They may or may not do this. I use a headphone jack a lot, but I don't have an iPhone, or any mobile phone for that matter. Landlines FTW!

At least they haven't removed the jack from the Mac.

Do you realize that there hadn't been any posts in this thread for over a month? You just gave it a bump.
  • Meh, Winworld has been fairly quiet recently, so it is easy not to notice the dates in the forum view.

But someone came up with this in an attempt to satirize the situation:

http://www.joyoftech.com/joyoftech/joya ... /2236.html

But, I dunno, if it had an actual built in floppy drive I might honestly want to get one .:P

And speaking of similar, apparently you can attach a floppy drive to the entertainment system in a Tesla: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDD-xDJtCxg
  • .... I don't have an iPhone, or any mobile phone for that matter. Landlines FTW!

Same but I don't even really use landlines either, because there really isn't anybody to call.